The 12-year-old boy who suffered severe injuries following a shark bite in the waters of Sydney, Australia, is unlikely to regain consciousness.
The boy, who has been identified as Nico Antic, was dragged out of the water by friends after he was attacked by what is thought to have been a bull shark.
New South Wales police applied tourniquets to Antics’ injured legs before he was transported to Sydney Children’s Hospital, where he underwent surgery.
Despite the best efforts of emergency responders and medics, however, it has since emerged that Nico is unlikely to recover from his injuries.
In a GoFundMe campaign raising funds for Nico’s recovery, family friend Victor Piñeiro said that Nico’s experience ‘has led to the worst possible outcome’.
In an interview with the Daily Mail, an unidentified family member has said that Nico ‘is still asleep, but will not be able to make it because his brain is completely unresponsive.
A total of four shark attacks occurred within 48 hours along the coast of New South Wales between 18 and 20 January. On the morning of Monday, 19 January, an 11-year-old boy surfing at Dee Why Beach on Sydney’s northern shore escaped injury after a shark bit his surfboard and knocked him into the water.
The same evening, 27-year-old musician Andre de Ruyter was attacked and seriously injured while surfing at North Steyne Beach in Manly. Mr de Ruyter suffered severe blood loss and remains in hospital in critical condition.

The bites are thought to be from bull sharks hunting in Sydney Harbour after heavy rains (Photo: Shutterstock)
On Tuesday, a 39-year-old man was injured by a shark while surfing at Point Plomer, around 250 miles (400km) north of Sydney along the New South Wales (NSW) Coast.
His injuries are not thought to be severe as the shark bit into his surfboard and wetsuit, and he was able to drive himself to hospital for treatment.
Although the species of shark involved has not been formally identified, bite marks on the victims and their surfing equipment indicate that bull sharks are most likely.
A spokesperson for the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) also said in a statement they believed that a bull shark was involved, ‘based on the nature of the injuries and the environmental conditions at the site’ –
New South Wales Police Superintendent Joseph McNulty told reporters that the incidents likely occurred due to several days of heavy rains in the region, which caused a large outflow of fresh large outflow of fresh water into Sydney Harbour.
At the moment we’ve experienced a lot of freshwater in the harbour, it’s brackish water, so you can’t see the bottom, so I would recommend not swimming there right now,’ said Superintendent McNulty. ‘We believe the combination of brackish water, freshwater run-off and splashing created a perfect storm for that shark attack.’
Beaches remained closed following the attacks, with regular patrols by jetski and drone.
News
NEW AUTOPSY RESULTS IN LOS ANGELES SCHOOL CASE SPARK OUTRAGE
🇺🇸 🔴 LOS ANGELES CASE TAKES SHOCKING TURN AFTER AUTOPSY RESULTS ARE RELEASED A major new development has shaken the case of 12-year-old Khimberly Zavaleta Chuquipa, the young girl who passed away days after a reported incident at Reseda High School involving a metal water bottle. The newly revealed autopsy findings have sparked outrage and […]
Officials Reveal What Really Killed Woman Who Plunged Into Steam-Filled Manhole — And the Findings Are Absolutely Devastating
CAUSE OF DEATH REVEALED FOR WOMAN WHO FELL INTO MANHOLE FILLED WITH BOILING HOT WATER The death of 56-year-old Donike Gocaj has officially been ruled an accident after she plunged into an uncovered manhole in Midtown Manhattan earlier this week. According to the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office, Gocaj died from a combination of […]
From Family Mom to Prison Inmate: Kouri Richins’ New Mugshot Revealed
Kouri Richins, the wife and mother who fatally poisoned her husband with a lethal amount of Fentanyl, was transferred to the Utah State Correctional Facility, where she will spend the rest of her life. A new mugshot was snapped during her intake. BACKSTORY: Kouri Richins, 35, was charged with aggravated murder in the March 3, […]
Everyone Blamed the Sea — But the Truth Was Far More Horrifying
A local expert who has dived in caves in the Maldives ‘countless times’ has described the terrifying final moments a group of five divers may have endured – and dubbed the tragedy an accident waiting to happen. Alarm bells were raised on Thursday after five Italians, including a mother and daughter, failed to resurface after […]
Convicted Hawaii Doctor Furiously Attacks Jurors After Murder Plot Verdict Against His Nuclear Engineer Wife — Then Came the Shocking Twist Nobody Saw Coming…
A top doctor convicted of attempted manslaughter for trying to push his wife off a cliff in Hawaii is demanding a new trial. Anesthesiologist Gerhardt Konig, 47, was found guilty of trying to kill his nuclear engineer wife, Arielle Konig, 37, while on a cliffside hike in Oahu on March 24, 2025. A motion for […]
“He Was Watching Them For Months” — Explosive Idaho Case Files Paint Darker Picture Of Kohberger
The shocking murders of four University of Idaho students continue to haunt the nation as newly unsealed court documents reveal disturbing new details about convicted killer Bryan Kohberger and the months leading up to the brutal attack that devastated an entire college town. What once appeared to be a random act of violence is now […]
End of content
No more pages to load












