
AN eerie update has surfaced nearly two weeks after a retired Air Force veteran vanished, as his wife pushed back on a wave of rumors surrounding the case.
Her message came as the search widened, with the FBI now assisting local authorities and no confirmed sign yet of what happened after he walked away from home.

Air Force General Neil McCasland was last seen leaving his home on February 27Credit: Air Force

McCasland once held senior space and research roles in the Air Force and National Reconnaissance OfficeCredit: US Air Force
Advertisement

His wife, Susan McCasland Wilkerson, said much of what is being said about Neil’s disappearance online is not trueCredit: Facebook
In Albuquerque, New Mexico, retired Maj. Gen. William Neil McCasland, 68, was last seen leaving his home on foot at about 11 a.m. on February 27 and has not been heard from since.
The Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office said a Silver Alert remains active and that investigators have so far found no evidence of foul play.
McCasland once held senior space and research roles in the Air Force and National Reconnaissance Office.
His career included leading the Phillips Research Site at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico and the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio, a base long tied to UFO lore in popular culture.
Eerie parallel in missing girl & Casey Anthony cases as arrested mom faces DEATH
That background has fueled online speculation since he disappeared.
His wife, Susan McCasland Wilkerson, said much of what is being said about his disappearance online is not true.
She said the medical issue mentioned in the initial alert should not be taken to mean Alzheimer’s.
Advertisement
“Neil is at some risk, but not from dementia,” she wrote in a Facebook post.
How many more Friday the 13ths in 2026? This year has the most possible
“He was not confused and disoriented.”
She also flatly rejected rumors that a close relative received a troubling phone call around the time he vanished.
“I have been in contact with all of his close relatives and some not-so-close ones. This is a complete fabrication,” she said.
Wilkerson also tried to tamp down theories that his disappearance was tied to old classified work.
She said he retired from the Air Force nearly 13 years ago and has had only commonly held clearances since.
She acknowledged he had a brief post-retirement link to the UFO community through Tom DeLonge, the former Blink-182 frontman and founder of To The Stars.
But she said that role was limited and unpaid, and was mainly to lend realism to fiction and media projects.
She added that connection is not a reason for someone to abduct Neil.
Wilkerson also said he does not have special knowledge about ET bodies and debris from the Roswell crash stored at Wright-Patt.
Then, in a darkly joking line, she added that “maybe the best hypothesis is that aliens beamed him up to the mothership.”
On the ground, the search has been intense.
Wilkerson said teams have included deputies, the FBI, state search and rescue crews, mountain rescue volunteers, horses, helicopters, drones and several types of search dogs.
News
Breaking: The first v!ctims in the Maldives underwater cave were found at a depth rescuers could barely believe
MALE, Maldives — International cave diving experts have arrived in the Maldives to take over the perilous recovery operation for four missing Italian tourists, a day after a local military rescue diver died attempting to reach them inside a treacherous underwater cave system. Divers prepare to search for the four missing Italian divers near Vaavu […]
Breaking: The search for four Italians inside an underwater cave in the Maldives has been temporarily paused for a special reason
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka — Authorities in the Maldives have suspended the search for four Italian divers trapped deep inside an underwater cave following the death of a military rescue diver. The five Italians are believed to have died Thursday while exploring a cave system at a depth of about 160 feet (50 meters) in the […]
CCTV Clue: Footage from the time five Maldives tourists vanished has been released, and a mysterious sixth person appears in the frame
An elite squad of divers is in a race against time to recover the final bodies of the five Italians who died in Thursday’s tragic incident in the Maldives — hoping they can reach their remains before the sharks do. Only the body of the doomed group’s diving instructor has been found so far — […]
Oakland Tragedy: The identities of three people k!lled after a car pl0wed into a cr0wd of pedestrians in East Oakland have been released
OAKLAND, Calif. – Three pedestrians were killed and several others were hurt when a car rammed into them late Saturday night in East Oakland. What we know: The crash happened at about 11:15 p.m. in the area of International Boulevard and 85th Avenue. A witness said the incident began with a collision between a blue vehicle and […]
East Oakland Horror: Authorities have named the three victims k!lled when a car cr@shed into a cr0wd of people walking nearby
OAKLAND, Calif. – Three pedestrians were killed and several others were hurt when a car rammed into them late Saturday night in East Oakland. What we know: The crash happened at about 11:15 p.m. in the area of International Boulevard and 85th Avenue. A witness said the incident began with a collision between a blue vehicle and […]
Desperate Plea: Kouri Richins’ lover begged for one thing during her sentencing hearing, but everyone in the courtroom reportedly sh00k their heads
Kouri Richins prepares to speak at her sentencing Wednesday at 3rd District Court in Park City, Utah. Trent Nelson/Pool/The Salt Lake Tribune/AP Before a judge sentenced Kouri Richins for fatally poisoning her husband, the couple’s three young sons made their feelings clear. They urged Judge Richard Mrazik to sentence their mother – who two of […]
End of content
No more pages to load









