Zamil Limon’s body was found on a bridge with his wrists and ankle bound, per Florida authorities
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(688x269:690x271):format(webp)/Zamil-Limon-042726-6733b0c17b2a434583aaa5be0e5f0a4f.jpg)
Zamil Limon.Credit : University of South Florida Police Department
Authorities in Florida have released the cause of death for 27-year-old Zamil Limon, whose disappearance earlier this month launched a days-long search effort.
Limon, along with fellow doctoral student Nahida Bristy, also 27, was reported missing on April 17 from Tampa, Fla.
His body was found on the Howard Frankland Bridge on Friday, April 24, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said at the time.
On the same day, police announced the arrest of Limon’s roommate Hisham Abugharbieh, who has since been charged with two counts of murder.
An autopsy conducted by the Pinellas County Medical Examiner’s Office determined Limon’s manner of death to be homicide, and the cause of his death to be “multiple sharp force injuries,” according to a criminal report affidavit obtained by PEOPLE.
His body was found with his wrists and ankles bound, per the autopsy.
The investigation revealed a large amount of blood located at the residence where Limon and Abugharbieh lived with a third roommate, per the affidavit, which alleged investigators found blood trailing from the entry of the apartment, through the kitchen, to Abugharbieh’s room.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(708x289:710x291):format(webp)/Nahida-S-Bristy-042726-bc1cc0224a8b43949a11853eb67f040b.jpg)
Nahida S. Bristy.University of South Florida Police Department
As of the filing of this report, Bristy has not been found. On Sunday evening, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office announced they found remains on the interstate where the Howard Frankland Bridge is located.
The remains were sent to the Pinellas County Medical Examiner’s Office for identification.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(742x236:744x238):format(webp)/Zamil-Limon-Nahida-S-Bristy-042726-9a06cbb4152d4fab8a674d54f3759e9e.jpg)
Zamil Limon (left); and Nahida S. Bristy.Zamil Limon/Facebook; Nahida S. Bristy/Facebook
Abugharbieh has been charged with two counts of first-degree premeditated murder, according to court records reviewed by PEOPLE. He has also been charged with tampering with evidence and false imprisonment, per the sheriff’s office.
Online court records do not show plea information. His attorney declined to comment when contacted by PEOPLE.
News
Familiar Spot: The four missing divers in the Maldives cave were found in a well-known location just 500 meters from shore, but the depth left everyone horrified
Spokesperson for Indian Ocean island nation says they will try to recover explorers in next couple of days Maldives marine police boats during a search operation in Vaavu Atoll on Saturday, Photograph: Sophia Nasif/EPA Rescuers have located the bodies of four Italian divers deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in the Maldives, four days […]
B0dies Recovered: The four remaining missing divers from the Maldives diving accident have been found, and all of them shared one chilling detail
Five divers died in the Thursday, May 14 accident, with the first body found hours later Giorgia Sommacal; Monica Montefalcone; Gianluca Benedetti.Credit : Giorgia Sommacal/Instagram; University of Genoa; Fotogramma/ROPI via ZUMA Press The bodies of four Italian tourists who went missing while scuba diving in the Maldives last week have been found. Five divers went missing […]
Day Five Horror: The Maldives cave search has taken a darker turn after reports that the 30-meter depth limit was ignored
Italian pulmonologist says 5 deaths on same dive suggests problem with tanks, not depth After five Italian divers died while exploring a deep underwater cave off the Maldives, families of the victims are demanding answers. Monica Montefalcone, 52, an associate ecology professor at the University of Genoa, and her daughter, Giorgia, 20, were among the […]
Depth Limit Ignored: Chilling new details have emerged in the Maldives cave tragedy as the search enters day five after the 30-meter safety limit was reportedly passed
Italian pulmonologist says 5 deaths on same dive suggests problem with tanks, not depth After five Italian divers died while exploring a deep underwater cave off the Maldives, families of the victims are demanding answers. Monica Montefalcone, 52, an associate ecology professor at the University of Genoa, and her daughter, Giorgia, 20, were among the […]
Fatal Mistake: The five tourists who vanished under the Maldives cave system reportedly d!ed because of one simple action common among travelers
An international dive safety group has sent experts to the Maldives to join the search for four missing Italians from a group of five who drowned while diving in a deep underwater cave (Mohamed Afrah) (Mohamed Afrah/AFP/AFP) An international dive safety group sent experts to the Maldives on Sunday to join a multinational recovery effort […]
D3ath Cause Revealed: The cause of d3ath for five tourists missing inside a Maldives cave has been traced to one action almost every traveler has done before
An international dive safety group has sent experts to the Maldives to join the search for four missing Italians from a group of five who drowned while diving in a deep underwater cave (Mohamed Afrah) (Mohamed Afrah/AFP/AFP) An international dive safety group sent experts to the Maldives on Sunday to join a multinational recovery effort […]
End of content
No more pages to load









