Why haven’t we seeing the footage on Alex Pretti’s phone moments before Border Patrol agents killed him?

Screenshot/X
Following the killing of Alex Pretti by federal agents over the weekend, the cell phone Pretti was holding moments before his death has disappeared into federal custody.
The New York Times reports that the FBI initially collected evidence from the shooting, including Pretti’s handgun and phone, but has turned over that evidence to Homeland Security Investigations, a division of the Department of Homeland Security, which is now handling the investigation into Pretti’s death.
Pretti’s family told the Associated Press Monday that they have no idea where the phone is, and his father, Michael Pretti, said they have yet to be contacted by federal law enforcement. But perhaps most troubling, officials told CBS News that there was no documented chain of custody for Pretti’s gun, raising the question of whether evidence has been improperly handled (or footage erased). The Department of Homeland Security has refused to publicly confirm whether it has the video he was recording.
Minnesota state authorities were denied access to the crime scene, despite obtaining a judge’s warrant. The state even had to obtain a temporary restraining order to stop the federal government from altering or destroying evidence, which the Trump administration shockingly is trying to overturn.
“We’ve never had to do anything like this before,” said Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, adding that the situation was “uncharted territory.”
All of this raises the question as to whether the investigation into Pretti’s death will be anything close to fair and independent. Border Patrol is part of DHS, so essentially the department is investigating itself, and the Trump administration isn’t exactly known for accepting negative rulings or restrictions.
News
THE FINAL 3-MINUTE 911 CALL Of The 5 Divers Included A Chilling 5-Word Message That Could Change The Entire Investigation Forever
The mystery surrounding the deaths of the five Italian divers in the Maldives has taken an even darker turn after investigators reportedly uncovered details about a chilling emergency call made moments before the group vanished underwater forever. According to leaked information now spreading rapidly online, one of the divers allegedly managed to place a desperate […]
BEFORE THE 5 DIVERS DIED, One Of Them Made A 3-Minute 911 Call Repeating 5 Words That Could Expose A Horrific Murder Case
The mystery surrounding the deaths of the five Italian divers in the Maldives has taken an even darker turn after investigators reportedly uncovered details about a chilling emergency call made moments before the group vanished underwater forever. According to leaked information now spreading rapidly online, one of the divers allegedly managed to place a desperate […]
INVESTIGATORS FOUND A WATCH With Footage Showing The Final Moments Of The 5 Italian Divers Inside The Maldives Cave
The investigation into the catastrophic Maldives cave diving disaster has taken a shocking new turn after authorities reportedly recovered a wristwatch equipped with a miniature recording device — one that allegedly captured the final 33 minutes leading up to the deaths of the five Italian divers trapped deep inside the underwater cave system. The revelation […]
POLICE DISCOVER A RECORDING WATCH Capturing The Final 33 Minutes Before The 5 Italian Divers Died Inside The Maldives Cave
The investigation into the catastrophic Maldives cave diving disaster has taken a shocking new turn after authorities reportedly recovered a wristwatch equipped with a miniature recording device — one that allegedly captured the final 33 minutes leading up to the deaths of the five Italian divers trapped deep inside the underwater cave system. The revelation […]
SHOCKING TWIST: Autopsy Results Reveal Five Italians Who Died in a Maldives Underwater Cave Had Been Poisoned First
What began as a mysterious underwater tragedy in the Maldives has now escalated into an international criminal investigation after forensic experts confirmed a horrifying discovery: the five Italian victims found dead inside a submerged cave system had allegedly been poisoned before entering the water. The shocking revelation was announced late Friday night after medical examiners […]
BREAKING: Forensic Experts Confirm Five Italians Found Dead in a Maldives Underwater Cave Were POISONED Before Entering the Water
What began as a mysterious underwater tragedy in the Maldives has now escalated into an international criminal investigation after forensic experts confirmed a horrifying discovery: the five Italian victims found dead inside a submerged cave system had allegedly been poisoned before entering the water. The shocking revelation was announced late Friday night after medical examiners […]
End of content
No more pages to load












