Tiger Woods plans to seek treatment and to step away from golf for a time to focus on his health after he was arrested for DUI on Friday, March 27.
“I know and understand the seriousness of the situation I find myself in today,” Woods, 50, wrote in a statement posted on X on Tuesday, March 31. “I am stepping away for a period of time to seek treatment and focus on my health. This is necessary in order for me to prioritize my well-being and work toward lasting recovery.”
“I’m committed to taking the time needed to return in a healthier, stronger, and more focused place, both personally and professionally,” Woods continued. “I appreciate your understanding and support, and ask for privacy for my family, loved ones and myself at this time.”
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(999x0:1001x2):format(webp)/tiger-woods-032726-1-f8b7298a3a00482baea4cce6289ea7ea.jpg)
Tiger Woods on April 9, 2024 in Augusta, Georgia.Andrew Redington/Getty
Woods, who recently returned to pro golf after a year out due to multiple injuries, was arrested on March 27 after the rollover car crash. Woods’ Land Rover rolled over after he “overtook” a pressure-cleaning truck that was pulling a small trailer, Sheriff John M. Budensiek said in a press conference on Friday.
Woods blew “triple zeros” on the breathalyzer test, but refused to take a urinalysis test at the jail, the sheriff claimed.
“Mr. Woods did not appear to be injured at all, and the other individual was not injured,” Budensiek said during the press conference on Friday, adding that the athlete was “lethargic on scene because of what he was intoxicated on.”
The golfer was released from custody at Martin County jail that same day after posting bond. Woods’ mugshot was released shortly after his arrest.
According to court documents viewed by PEOPLE on March 31, Woods entered a not guilty plea in Martin County Court. By pleading not guilty, the golfer waived arraignment and requested a jury trial.
Woods allegedly had bloodshot eyes and was in possession of two opioid pills when he was arrested. Martin County Sheriff’s Office deputies allegedly found two hydrocodone pills in his left pants pocket, according to the police affidavit obtained by PEOPLE on March 31.
A source told PEOPLE that Woods’ ex, Elin Nordegren, who shares daughter Sam, 18, and son Charlie, 17, with the golfer, is “concerned” about him after the most recent crash. “His recovery from the crash [in 2021] in California was brutal,” the insider told PEOPLE.
“The kids are close with Tiger, so of course Elin cares too,” the source said, adding, “She wants him to be well. Both kids are great and love spending time with their dad. Elin’s concerned that he had another car crash and got arrested.”
Woods was previously involved in two other car accidents. He sustained serious injuries in a 2021 crash in Los Angeles that required surgery and was also involved in a separate incident in 2009, also near his Florida residence.
News
SCREEN GOES BLACK 8 SECONDS BEFORE: ANNOYING DETECTION IN ITALIAN DIVERS’ GOPRO IN MALDIVES
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
Police are analyzing 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the Duke of York cruise ship to determine the cause
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
BREAKING NEWS: While 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the superyacht Duke of York is being reviewed, what chills investigators the most is a strange 11-second gap — right before the alarm sounded
BREAKING NEWS: While 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the superyacht Duke of York is being reviewed, what chills investigators the most is a strange 11-second gap — right before the alarm sounded Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent […]
Maldives Tragedy: Chilling Revelations from a GoPro at a Depth of 60 Meters
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists at a depth of 200 feet off the coast of the Maldives has gained new insight from a diver’s body-worn GoPro camera. The camera abruptly stopped recording when only eight seconds of footage remained
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists at a depth of 200 feet off the coast of the Maldives has gained new insight from a diver’s body-worn GoPro camera. The camera abruptly stopped recording when only eight seconds of footage remained Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by […]
In connection with the deaths of five Italian divers in a cave in the Maldives, investigators are now focusing on analyzing a crucial video clip
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
End of content
No more pages to load












