First Sergeant Nicole M. Amor, a 39-year-old U.S. servicewoman, was killed in a drone strike in Kuwait earlier this week.

Sergeant Major Nicole M. Amor
The sudden death of a female soldier in the U.S. Army Reserve , mother of two, occurred as her deployment was nearing its end. This left her family, loved ones, and fellow soldiers grieving. Through the accounts of her husband and brother, the image of a dedicated soldier and a devoted mother is vividly portrayed, amidst ongoing efforts to resolve the conflict.
The final call and the fateful outcome at the garrison.
In an interview on March 4th, Joey Amor, the husband of service member Nicole, shared memories of their last conversation. He recalled that they had spoken about two hours before the tragedy occurred. Nicole had been on long shifts and mentioned tripping the night before. At dawn, Joey tried to contact her again but received no response. That silence foreshadowed the tragic news that the Pentagon was about to officially announce to the family.
According to confirmation from the U.S. Department of Defense, Sergeant First Class Nicole M. Amor was one of four service members identified among six killed in a drone strike on Sunday, March 1st. The other victims included Captain Cody A. Khork, 35; Sergeant First Class Noah L. Tietjens, 42; and Sergeant Declan J. Coady, 20.
The identities of the two remaining deceased servicemen are awaiting confirmation as part of established procedures. Officials said the servicemen were killed in the Shuaiba port area of Kuwait in what is being classified as a drone strike. The incident is currently under investigation to determine the technical and security details involved.
Nicole was born and raised in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. Her husband shared that she was about to return home, and the wait was only days away. Joey expressed his shock at facing this reality, as Kuwait was generally considered a relatively safe area compared to other direct conflict zones. Nicole becoming one of the first fatalities in this conflict is an immense loss.
According to Joey’s account, U.S. military forces in the area had concerns about the possibility of their main base being targeted. To ensure safety, commanders decided to disperse forces into smaller groups and move to different locations. Nicole was deployed away from the base to a building without strong defenses, a decision made based on the assessment of the risks at the time to disperse enemy fire.
The journey in the military and simple memories with family.
Nicole’s brother, Derek Hoff, shared with The New York Times about his sister’s long journey in the military. Nicole has served 20 years in the United States Armed Forces. Beginning her career with the National Guard in 2005, she transferred to the Army Reserve the following year. Derek said this deployment to Kuwait may well be her last field assignment. She understands the risks involved in the job and always performs her duties with the highest sense of responsibility to the military.
Behind the image of a soldier, Nicole is a mother who longs to spend time with her children. Derek revealed that her 18-year-old eldest son is about to graduate from high school, a significant milestone she really wants to be there to witness. At the same time, she worries about being separated from her 9-year-old youngest daughter. The desire to return to her children is Nicole’s greatest motivation in the final days of her term.
In the memories of her loved ones, she is seen as a woman who loved gardening. Family members tearfully recount simple moments when Nicole and her son harvested peppers and tomatoes in their garden to make their own salsa. She often spent her free time cycling and rollerblading with her daughter, creating bonding family activities.
Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar offered her condolences to Nicole’s family. Minnesota Governor Tim Walz paid tribute to Nicole through a post on the social media platform X. He wrote that the entire state of Minnesota is remembering Sergeant First Class Nicole M. Amor, who died in Kuwait.
News
The Maldives diving tragedy is rapidly sparking a fierce controversy over depth limits. However, what’s truly baffling investigators is a chilling detail: all four recovered oxygen tanks still had pressure inside…
The Maldives diving incident is turning from a tragedy into a major controversy over depth limits. But what is drawing intense attention now is the revelation that four recovered oxygen tanks still had significant pressure inside when examined — a detail that continues to puzzle investigators and fuel speculation about what overwhelmed five experienced Italian […]
Controversy surrounding the diving accident in the Maldives: The mystery of the still-full oxygen tanks
The Maldives diving incident is turning from a tragedy into a major controversy over depth limits. But what is drawing intense attention now is the revelation that four recovered oxygen tanks still had significant pressure inside when examined — a detail that continues to puzzle investigators and fuel speculation about what overwhelmed five experienced Italian […]
The diving accident in the Maldives is turning into a heated debate about safe depth limits. The detail that has shocked the public and raised the most questions is that all four air tanks recovered from the victims… still had their internal pressure intact. What really happened?
The Maldives diving incident is turning from a tragedy into a major controversy over depth limits. But what is drawing intense attention now is the revelation that four recovered oxygen tanks still had significant pressure inside when examined — a detail that continues to puzzle investigators and fuel speculation about what overwhelmed five experienced Italian […]
5 minutes ago: Sixty meters below the surface of the Maldives, a legendary team of divers is risking their lives
An elite squad of divers is in a race against time to recover the final bodies of the five Italians who died in Thursday’s tragic incident in the Maldives — hoping they can reach their remains before the sharks do. Only the body of the doomed group’s diving instructor has been found so far — while a Maldivian […]
The legendary diving team that rescued people from a cave in Thailand is now in the Maldives searching for four Italian bodies trapped 60 meters below the surface
An elite squad of divers is in a race against time to recover the final bodies of the five Italians who died in Thursday’s tragic incident in the Maldives — hoping they can reach their remains before the sharks do. Only the body of the doomed group’s diving instructor has been found so far — while a Maldivian […]
Investigators and the public are focusing their attention on one shocking detail: the mysterious 27-second delay before the emergency alarm system was finally activated
Husband who lost wife, daughter in Maldives diving tragedy insists ‘something happened down there’ as he searches for answers A grieving Italian scientist who lost both his wife and a daughter in the Maldives diving tragedy insisted Friday that something wildly unexpected must have happened because his wife was too experienced a diver to have taken risks. […]
End of content
No more pages to load






