THREE sisters found dead in the sea off Brighton beach last week have been pictured.
Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walters, 32, and Rebecca Walters, 31 – from Uxbridge, London – were tragically pulled from the water last Wednesday.

Jane, Christina and Rebecca as teenagers with their father JosephCredit: Sussex Police

Emergency services were called to Brighton beach in the early hours of Wednesday morningCredit: Eddie Mitchell
It is feared the women were “suddenly dragged into danger after misjudging the shingle shelf” close to the water’s edge.
Their dad Joseph today said “no words can truly describe the pain” of losing his family, and described the girls as his “joy and strength”.
Joseph added: “The tragedy of losing all three of you has left an emptiness that words cannot heal.”
“Today, with a heart full of sorrow and love, I pay tribute to my beloved daughters — Jane, Christina, and Becky — whose lives ended so tragically far too soon.


Choppy waves at Brighton beach as police scour the sceneCredit: Alamy
“No words can truly describe the pain of losing three daughters in the prime of their lives. Jane, Christina, and Becky were more than daughters to me; they were my joy, my strength, and the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love.
“Each of you was unique and precious in your own special way. Your smiles brightened dark days, your laughter brought comfort, and your presence made life more meaningful. Though your time on earth was short, the impact you made will remain in our hearts forever.”
It was feared one of the women was “suddenly dragged into danger after misjudging the shingle shelf”, though police are understood to be probing a number of lines of enquiry.
The pebbled beach around central Brighton and the Palace Pier is notorious for having the steep slopes, which can be incredibly dangerous for swimmers.
A Coastguard source told The Sun: “It’s feared at least one of the women went into the water for a paddle and was then suddenly dragged into danger after misjudging the shingle shelf.
“If you took one pace out thinking it’s flat you could go down two feet or more very quickly.
“That can turn things very dangerous very quickly.”
The incident prompted a huge search operation with coastguard boats scouring the water as helicopters flew overhead.

Coastguard boats searching the seaCredit: Eddie Mitchell

It’s feared the trio may have got into trouble after going for a paddle in the waterCredit: Alamy
There were more than a dozen police officers, police vans and cars as well as HM Coastguard Search and Rescue officers and equipment at the scene.
The beach later reopened following an investigation that started at around 5.45am on Wednesday.
Cops confirmed that the women’s loved ones are being supported by specialist officers.
Joseph paid tribute to each of his daughters individually, he said: “Jane, your strength and loving spirit will never be forgotten. Christina, your kindness and beautiful heart touched so many lives. Becky, your warmth and joyful soul brought happiness wherever you went. You were deeply loved, and you will always be deeply missed.”
He added: “There are days when the grief feels unbearable, yet I hold tightly to the memories we shared — the laughter, the conversations, the love, and the bond that death can never take away.
“Though you are no longer here beside us, your spirits live on in our hearts every day. Love like yours never dies. You will forever remain a part of our lives, our prayers, and our memories.
“Rest peacefully, my precious daughters — Jane, Christina, and Becky. You may be gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.
“Forever loved. Forever missed. Forever remembered.”
Locals told The Sun the women were found dressed in “going-out clothes”.
Two workers at a café on the beachfront said revellers from nearby clubs frequently spill out onto the beach after closing time in the early hours of the morning.
Locals told The Sun it was common to see people still drinking on the beach in the early hours as commuters headed to work.
Another resident, who lives near the marina, said they spotted emergency services while feeding birds at around 6am and described the sea conditions as windy and “choppy”.
In an update last week, Chief Superintendent Adam Hays said: “I understand the impact this tragic incident has had on the local community and more widely.
“This is a sensitive investigation and we know the public are keen to understand the full circumstances. But our priority at this time is identifying these three women and locating their families, who at this point remain unaware they have lost loved ones.
“I would ask for people’s patience while we conduct these enquiries and to avoid speculation while this is ongoing.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/39102054/brighton-sea-tragedy-victims-pictured/
News
OFFICIAL: Finnish rescue teams have completed the handover of all diving equipment belonging to the victims to local investigators. The horrifying disfigurement of these artifacts holds the key to unlocking the final, terrifying moments at the bottom of the sea
The emotional aftermath of the deadly underwater cave tragedy in the Maldives continues unfolding after the Finnish technical recovery team officially transferred the recovered diving equipment and personal belongings of the victims to local authorities. According to reports connected to the recovery mission, the items were retrieved during a series of highly dangerous underwater operations conducted deep […]
The Finnish rescue team has officially withdrawn after handing over these last remaining artifacts to the police
The emotional aftermath of the deadly underwater cave tragedy in the Maldives continues unfolding after the Finnish technical recovery team officially transferred the recovered diving equipment and personal belongings of the victims to local authorities. According to reports connected to the recovery mission, the items were retrieved during a series of highly dangerous underwater operations conducted deep […]
LATEST UPDATE: Finnish Rescue Team Withdraws, Hands Over Damaged Mementos of Maldives Victims
The emotional aftermath of the deadly underwater cave tragedy in the Maldives continues unfolding after the Finnish technical recovery team officially transferred the recovered diving equipment and personal belongings of the victims to local authorities. According to reports connected to the recovery mission, the items were retrieved during a series of highly dangerous underwater operations conducted deep […]
SHOCKING TRUTH FROM THE MALDIVES’ DEEPEST CAVES: The Last Diver’s Body Found – The Secret Behind It Will Shock You
CHILLING footage of the Maldives divers’ final moments could finally reveal how the tragedy unfolded after rescue workers recovered bodycams from their remains. All five bodies of the Italian tourists who were killed during a dangerous cave dive in the Maldives last week have now been retrieved from the shark-infested waters off the paradise atoll in the […]
MOM… YOU TAUGHT ME TO LOVE THE SEA. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO COME HOME TOGETHER
For those who kпew Moпica Moпtefalcoпe, that seпteпce was пot simply a qυote — it was the story of her eпtire life.Now, followiпg the devastatiпg diviпg tragedy iп the Maldives that claimed the lives of five Italiaпs, the scieпtific commυпity iп Italy is moυrпiпg пot oпly the loss of a respected researcher — bυt also […]
BREAKING NEWS: Investigators have just released a crucial clue in the investigation of the Maldives cave
SOURE: https://www.internazionale.it/ultime-notizie-reuters/2026/05/19/maldives-investigates-if-italian-divers-went-too-deep-in-fatal-cave-dive-2 Maldives investigates if Italian divers went too deep in fatal cave dive A speed boat moves in the waters of the Indian Ocean near Male, after a specialist team located the bodies of four missing Italian scuba divers who died in an accident in underwater caves, Maldives, May 18, 2026. REUTERS/Thilina Kaluthotage (Reuters) […]
End of content
No more pages to load











