The son of a Hawaii doctor testified against him, saying his father confessed to trying to kill his stepmother.
Gerhardt Konig has been charged with second-degree attempted murder. The anesthesiologist is accused of beating his wife, Arielle Konig, with a rock on the Pali Puka Trail on Oahu on March 24, 2025. He has pleaded not guilty.
Emile Konig took the stand Tuesday, saying minutes after the alleged attack, his father called him and confessed.
“What did the defendant tell you during that call, as close to word for word as you can remember?” Prosecutor Joel Garner said.
“That he would not be making it back to Maui and to take good care of the younger kids and that he had – that Ari, my stepmom, had been cheating on him and that he tried to kill her,” Emile Konig responded.

Prosecutors allege Dr. Konig first tried pushing his wife Arielle off a Hawaiian cliffside, and attempted injecting her with a syringe, before repeatedly smashing her head with a jagged rock.
“I asked what was on his shirt, ’cause it looked like I saw splatters of something on his shirt, and he said, oh it’s just her, meaning Ari’s, blood,” Emile Konig testified.
A pair of hikers say they found the couple- with Arielle covered in blood.
An hour later – Emile received another video call from his father- who in court Emile only referred to as “the defendant.”
“He asked me if I had told anybody and I said yes and I told him who I had told, and then – he said that he was just gonna jump and said that a couple times,” Emile Konig said.
He said the second call ended with his father saying: “I’m gonna go before the police catch me.”
Dr. Konig’s defense team says Arielle attacked him first after he confronted her about an emotional affair- and they say he hit her with the rock in self-defense.
During Emile’s cross examination, they pointed out there were some parts of the calls that he couldn’t remember.
Prosecutor Joel Garner then asked: “is there any doubt in your mind about the defendant telling you he tried to kill Ariel?”
Emile Konig responded: “no.”
The big question now is whether Dr. Konig will take the stand in his own defense.
ABC News contributed to this report.
News
SCREEN GOES BLACK 8 SECONDS BEFORE: ANNOYING DETECTION IN ITALIAN DIVERS’ GOPRO IN MALDIVES
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
Police are analyzing 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the Duke of York cruise ship to determine the cause
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
BREAKING NEWS: While 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the superyacht Duke of York is being reviewed, what chills investigators the most is a strange 11-second gap — right before the alarm sounded
BREAKING NEWS: While 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the superyacht Duke of York is being reviewed, what chills investigators the most is a strange 11-second gap — right before the alarm sounded Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent […]
Maldives Tragedy: Chilling Revelations from a GoPro at a Depth of 60 Meters
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists at a depth of 200 feet off the coast of the Maldives has gained new insight from a diver’s body-worn GoPro camera. The camera abruptly stopped recording when only eight seconds of footage remained
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists at a depth of 200 feet off the coast of the Maldives has gained new insight from a diver’s body-worn GoPro camera. The camera abruptly stopped recording when only eight seconds of footage remained Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by […]
In connection with the deaths of five Italian divers in a cave in the Maldives, investigators are now focusing on analyzing a crucial video clip
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
End of content
No more pages to load












