In a jail call just two hours after she was released from custody, Kendra Duggar told her husband Joseph that she has retained her own legal counsel for their upcoming case in the state of Arkansas.
Kendra, 27, was taken into custody on March 20 by the Tontitown Police Department and charged with four misdemeanor counts of false imprisonment as well as four misdemeanor counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
She was released just 90 minutes after being booked into the Washington County Detention Facility. Later that evening she spoke to Joseph on a jail call that was obtained by PEOPLE.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(745x171:747x173):format(webp)/kendra-duggar-joseph-duggar-032426-28082fa630f443fe9f94011f0be388a9.jpg)
Joseph and Kendra Duggar being booked into custody.Washington County Sheriff’s Office (2)
Joseph, 31, begins the conversation by telling his wife to “just know that we can’t talk about a lot on here,” before asking Kendra if attorney Travis Story “got a hold of [her].”
Story previously represented Josh Duggar during his 2021 federal trial while also working with the family’s patriarch Jim Bob Duggar on business matters in the past.
“I’ve been talking to Travis,” Kendra tells her husband. “I’ve got him as my attorney now.”
She then adds: “I wasn’t sure if you knew that, I’ve asked him to be my attorney.”
Kendra Duggar Whisked Away to ‘Private’ Location with Children After Being Released From Custody (Exclusive)
Joseph Duggar Says He’s Being Held in Solitary Confinement During Jail Phone Call to Wife Kendra (Exclusive)
Joseph replies to this news by saying: “I wasn’t sure who we settled with but this guy’s good.”
Kendra then jumps in to tell her husband that they will not be sharing an attorney when they head to trial.
‘Well it’s not for you, it’s only for me,” Kendra states.
She goes on to explain that she was told she needed someone “for the case we’ve got going with the kids and stuff” before than changing the subject to discuss how her husband is adjusting to life behind bars.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(999x0:1001x2):format(webp)/joseph-duggar-e82592148f2544fcad0f9d267886b358.jpg)
Joseph and Kendra Duggar.TLC
Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE’s free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.
Joseph had been booked into custody two days prior to that call after authorities in Florida obtained an arrest warrant charging him with two felony counts of lewd and lascivious behavior.
He is also facing the same eight misdemeanor counts as his wife in Arkansas, and the pair are currently scheduled to appear in court for their first hearing in that case on April 29.
A police source previously told PEOPLE that the misdemeanor charges the couple faces in Arkansas are unrelated to the felony charges Joseph is facing in Florida.
Joseph is no longer in custody at the Washington County Detention Facility as of March 27 and in the process of being extradited to Bay County in Florida, but his exact whereabout remain unknown
Story did not respond to a request for comment, but a spokesperson for the Duggar family tells PEOPLE: “Jim Bob and Michelle are heartbroken over this entire situation. Right now, they are focused on loving their family and helping Kendra and her children during this difficult time. They are praying for the victim. They ask for privacy and appreciate the kind words and prayers offered by so many.”
News
SCREEN GOES BLACK 8 SECONDS BEFORE: ANNOYING DETECTION IN ITALIAN DIVERS’ GOPRO IN MALDIVES
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
Police are analyzing 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the Duke of York cruise ship to determine the cause
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
BREAKING NEWS: While 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the superyacht Duke of York is being reviewed, what chills investigators the most is a strange 11-second gap — right before the alarm sounded
BREAKING NEWS: While 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the superyacht Duke of York is being reviewed, what chills investigators the most is a strange 11-second gap — right before the alarm sounded Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent […]
Maldives Tragedy: Chilling Revelations from a GoPro at a Depth of 60 Meters
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists at a depth of 200 feet off the coast of the Maldives has gained new insight from a diver’s body-worn GoPro camera. The camera abruptly stopped recording when only eight seconds of footage remained
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists at a depth of 200 feet off the coast of the Maldives has gained new insight from a diver’s body-worn GoPro camera. The camera abruptly stopped recording when only eight seconds of footage remained Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by […]
In connection with the deaths of five Italian divers in a cave in the Maldives, investigators are now focusing on analyzing a crucial video clip
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
End of content
No more pages to load












