SHOCKING: A lively Lao New Year festival suddenly turned into a tragic scene when a vehicle rushed into the crowd. The police have identified the driver and released the list of victims. What are the details of the incident and the current condition of the victims?
A vehicle plowed into a crowd marching near Wat Thammarattanaram temple, injuring at least 15 people, many of them seriously.
On April 4th, the Iberia County Sheriff’s Office reported that a car plowed into several pedestrians participating in a Lao New Year parade in rural Louisiana , USA. At least 15 people were injured, some seriously.
The scene of a car plowing into a crowd celebrating Lao New Year in New Iberia, Louisiana, on April 4. Photo: AP .
Local police said the driver involved in the car crash that struck festival-goers in Louisiana was quickly arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
Rebecca Melancon, spokesperson for the Iberian Ecclesiastical Police Chief’s Office, said: “Based on preliminary findings, this does not appear to have been an intentional act.” The investigation is ongoing.
Acadian Ambulance, an ambulance service, posted on social media that they responded to the emergency by dispatching 10 ambulances and one helicopter to assist the injured, and that two seriously injured victims were transported by helicopter.
Videos of the crash shared on social media show several people lying on the ground at the annual event in Broussard and New Iberia, Louisiana. Firefighters are seen attending to a person trapped under the vehicle. The car then veered into a ditch along the parade route.
According to Louisiana state police, the 57-year-old driver, a resident of Jeanerette, was intoxicated when police arrived at the scene. Subsequent tests showed a high blood alcohol level. The driver was charged with driving under the influence, reckless and negligent driving, and possession of alcoholic beverages in his vehicle.
Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry issued a statement regarding the incident. He said, “We pray for all the victims affected and are grateful to the first responders who were on the scene.”
The festival organizers issued a statement on Facebook saying they were deeply saddened by the incident. The organizers said that the afternoon and evening events on April 4th had been canceled, but the festival still planned to hold religious ceremonies on April 5th.
The parade is part of a three-day New Year festival held in Lanxang village – a Laotian community near New Iberia with hundreds of families, and close to the Wat Thammarattanaram Buddhist temple. The festival features Southeast Asian food, live music, parades, and other friendly activities, attracting thousands of people each year.
News
BREAKING NEWS: The family of a victim in the Maldives tragedy has revealed why they watched the final footage so many times
The international investigation into the Maldives diving disaster has entered a highly technical phase as forensic teams and legal representatives analyze the final visual records captured topside. The catastrophic incident, which resulted in the loss of five Italian nationals—including the renowned University of Genoa marine ecologist Professor Monica Montefalcone and her twenty-three-year-old daughter Giorgia Sommacal—stands […]
The victims’ families unexpectedly uncovered an anomaly: the diving equipment was visible at the edge of the frame just before the group went underwater
The international investigation into the Maldives diving disaster has entered a highly technical phase as forensic teams and legal representatives analyze the final visual records captured topside. The catastrophic incident, which resulted in the loss of five Italian nationals—including the renowned University of Genoa marine ecologist Professor Monica Montefalcone and her twenty-three-year-old daughter Giorgia Sommacal—stands […]
The Hidden Side Behind the Breathtaking Maldives Rescue: The final 300 meters deep into the cave are unlike anything we knew
The diving instructor of the Italians who died in sea caves in the Maldives was discovered in a separate location to the four others who perished, it was revealed on Monday. Tragedy struck on Thursday, after five – including a mother and daughter – died while attempting to explore caves at a depth of around 165ft, […]
Latest reports indicate that the elite rescue team has found a diver who was separated from his group in the cave accident in the Maldives
The diving instructor of the Italians who died in sea caves in the Maldives was discovered in a separate location to the four others who perished, it was revealed on Monday. Tragedy struck on Thursday, after five – including a mother and daughter – died while attempting to explore caves at a depth of around 165ft, […]
ANNOYANCE IN THE MALAYSIAN CAVE: RE-INVESTIGATION OF THE FINAL 300 METERS OF THE DIVERS’ JOURNEY
The diving instructor of the Italians who died in sea caves in the Maldives was discovered in a separate location to the four others who perished, it was revealed on Monday. Tragedy struck on Thursday, after five – including a mother and daughter – died while attempting to explore caves at a depth of around 165ft, […]
THE CODE FROM THE WATCH: A Valuable Detail in the Disappearance of Giorgia Sommacal
The case of 5 tourists missing in Maldives: The watch of the 20-year-old victim reveals a fateful time In the latest development concerning the five tourists who went missing after a diving trip in the Maldives, the family of victim Giorgia Sommacal (20 years old) has provided crucial information. According to them, her wristwatch stopped […]
End of content
No more pages to load











