The TV star fisherman who vanished with his crew off the coast of Massachusetts after their boat sank reportedly had a concerning call with his pal – hours before the tragedy on Friday.
Gus Sanfilippo, skipper of the Lily Jean, and six others are presumed dead after their 72-foot fishing vessel capsized when temperatures at sea were a bone-chilling 12 degrees.
Fisherman Sebastian Noto claimed he spoke with Sanfilippo — a fifth-generation commercial fisherman out of Gloucester, Mass. — at around 3 a.m, where the two discussed the outdoor conditions.

Gus Sanfilippo, captain of the fishing vessel Lily Jean, had a worrying call with his friend hours before his vessel capsized.Facebook
“I quit. It’s too cold,” Sanfilippo reportedly told Noto, according to NBC Boston. “He was calm. He just couldn’t do the cold because the air holes were freezing.”
Noto became concerned when there was no sign of Sanfilippo hours later.
“I was about 30 miles east of him. We usually work together all the time. We are like glue man. We give a lot of information back-and-forth,” Noto told the outlet.
A Coast Guard helicopter and boat scrambled to the area where the boat sent a beacon alert distress signal – around 25 miles off the coast of Cape Ann, Mass. This search was suspended on Saturday.
There was no Mayday call from the vessel and around 1,000 square miles were searched, according to Coast Guard officials.
Crews deployed aircraft, cutters and small boats over 24 hours as they battled polar conditions.

No Mayday call was sent by the Lily Jean.facebook

Boats tied up in Gloucester, Ma, amid the freezing conditions.AP
“The decision to suspend the search was incredibly difficult,” said Capt. Jamie Frederick, commander of Coast Guard Sector Boston. “Our thoughts and prayers are with all the family members and friends of the lost crew of the Lilly Jean, and with the entire Gloucester community during this heartbreaking time.”
The cause of the incident is under investigation
Sanfilippo and his crew on the Lily Jean starred in an episode of “Nor’Easter Men” which aired on the History Channel in 2012. The crew spent days at sea trying to find seafood.
One body has been found and six others are missing, according to WFXT. An empty life raft and debris were also found in the water.
Environmental biology graduate Jada Samitt, 22, was on board the boat, her family told the outlet.

Mourners have paid tribute to the missing crew.AP
Her devastated aunt Heather Michaels said being at sea was Samitt’s “dream.”
“This is something she loved and put her heart and soul into,” Michaels said.
Vito Giacalone, head of the Gloucester Fishing Community Preservation Fund, said he was left “heartbroken” by the sinking.
“To have that many lives lost all at once, we haven’t seen that in a long time.”
With Post wires
News
Eight words from the last message sent to his family by the diver who died in the Maldives accident, just minutes before he lay at the bottom of the sea 60 meters below the surface…
The final message was brief, ordinary, and painfully human. Eight words, reportedly sent to family only minutes before one of five Italian divers disappeared beneath the waters of the Maldives, have now become one of the most haunting details in a tragedy that has shaken the international diving community. The divers were part of a […]
SHE PRETENDED TO BE BROKE… AND HIS FAMILY SHOWED THEIR REAL FACE BEFORE DESSERT Maya won $97 million on a rainy Thursday.
By the time I came home, I had already begun building a wall around our lives. Then I walked into our kitchen and told my husband I had been fired. The next morning, Daniel left for work before sunrise. He kissed my forehead and whispered, “Sleep in. Today you don’t have to be strong.” I […]
THE “6TH DIVER” SPEAKS OUT: The only member who canceled the fatal Maldives dive says she received an anonymous 10-word warning just before the group entered the water… 👇👇
A woman identified by sources as part of the broader diving group connected to the deadly Maldives cave-diving tragedy has reportedly spoken for the first time about the decision that caused her to cancel the fatal descent only hours before the expedition began. Authorities have not publicly confirmed the existence of any anonymous warning letter, […]
JUST NOW: Leaked dive logs from the Italian tourist group who died in the Maldives reportedly contain footage from a hidden camera — capturing a terrifying moment nearly 60 meters underwater… 👇👇
Investigators examining the deaths of five Italian divers in the Maldives are reportedly focusing on data recovered from diving equipment and underwater recording devices as they attempt to reconstruct what happened deep inside the cave system where the group vanished. Authorities have not publicly confirmed the existence of any “hidden camera footage,” nor have officials […]
THE MALDIVES DIVING TRAGEDY RECONSTRUCTED: Investigators say the deaths of five Italian tourists may be linked to a terrifying issue involving oxygen tanks — and experts are still shaken by the details…
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists during a deep cave dive in the Maldives is increasingly focusing on one terrifying possibility: something may have gone catastrophically wrong with the divers’ breathing systems deep underwater. Authorities in the Maldives have not yet released a final official cause of death. However, diving experts reviewing […]
HIS SISTER ORDERED HIM A BRIDE… BUT THE WOMAN KNEW WHY HIS FAMILY REALLY DIED
The envelope arrived on a Tuesday, which should have been Caleb’s first warning. Nothing good ever came on Tuesdays. He found it wedged between the fence post and the mailbox, his sister’s handwriting scrolled across the front — Margaret had that bossy optimism that made his jaw clench even in penmanship. Dearest Caleb, I know […]
End of content
No more pages to load







