Jacinta Allan has been confronted by a furious local who accused the Victorian Premier of abandoning communities during the state’s bushfire disaster.
Allan had been walking to deliver a press conference on Tuesday when she was ambushed by the woman.
Speaking to Sky News, the heckler launched a scathing attack on the Premier’s handling of the crisis, claiming the government had misled the public over cuts to firefighting services.
‘The policies of this government are what’s caused this situation,’ she said.
She claimed frontline crews had been left without enough resources.
‘To see even this morning the statement issued denying that funding had been cut to our services when we had firefighters on our doorstep crying, apologising for not being able to get trucks to us sooner, before having to leave fires, pick the ones they could help, they couldn’t fight them all,’ she said.

Jacinta Allan (centre) was heckled by a woman in a hat while arriving to a press conference
The woman also accused Allan of refusing to take responsibility.
‘To see her go on TV and deny that she has any culpability and then the way they’re managing the aftermath of this, people can’t leave their homes to get supplies, all in the name of keeping people safe, which is of course the most important thing,’ she said.
The fires have turned deadly, after authorities on Tuesday confirmed the death of cattle farmer Max Hobson, who was killed in the Longwood fire near Seymour.
His body was found just 100 metres from his vehicle.
In December, the Victorian Opposition accused the Allan Government of cutting funding from the Country Fire Authority (CFA), a volunteer fire service that serves regional communities.
They claim the budget showed a $7 million shortfall in the CFA budget over the financial year.
Speaking on radio 3AW on Tuesday morning, Allan dismissed claims of funding cuts, reaffirming the government has consistently increased investment in Victoria’s emergency services.
‘We allocated an additional $80 million for earlier deployment of aircraft, extra equipment and staff, community awareness campaigns and better access to bulk water at fire grounds,’ she said.

The heckler (pictured) accused Allan of not providing enough resources to firefighters
‘Now is not the time for politics, and I want to be clear: claims of a reduction in funding are wrong.’
The CFA released a statement rejecting suggestions that funding had been cut or that volunteers and brigades were not prepared for the current fire season.
‘The CFA budget has increased every year since Fire Services Reform in 2020, including a further $20.3 million this financial year,’ CFA chief executive Greg Leach said.
Mr Leach defended the government, confirming additional money had been provided on request.
‘On advice from the Chief Officer, the board sought extra government funding to boost readiness and community preparedness ahead of this challenging fire season,’ he said.
‘This request resulted in an extra $11.6 million for Strategic Bulk Water Supply and a statewide engagement and awareness campaign.’
News
SHE PRETENDED TO BE BROKE… AND HIS FAMILY SHOWED THEIR REAL FACE BEFORE DESSERT Maya won $97 million on a rainy Thursday.
By the time I came home, I had already begun building a wall around our lives. Then I walked into our kitchen and told my husband I had been fired. The next morning, Daniel left for work before sunrise. He kissed my forehead and whispered, “Sleep in. Today you don’t have to be strong.” I […]
THE “6TH DIVER” SPEAKS OUT: The only member who canceled the fatal Maldives dive says she received an anonymous 10-word warning just before the group entered the water… 👇👇
A woman identified by sources as part of the broader diving group connected to the deadly Maldives cave-diving tragedy has reportedly spoken for the first time about the decision that caused her to cancel the fatal descent only hours before the expedition began. Authorities have not publicly confirmed the existence of any anonymous warning letter, […]
JUST NOW: Leaked dive logs from the Italian tourist group who died in the Maldives reportedly contain footage from a hidden camera — capturing a terrifying moment nearly 60 meters underwater… 👇👇
Investigators examining the deaths of five Italian divers in the Maldives are reportedly focusing on data recovered from diving equipment and underwater recording devices as they attempt to reconstruct what happened deep inside the cave system where the group vanished. Authorities have not publicly confirmed the existence of any “hidden camera footage,” nor have officials […]
THE MALDIVES DIVING TRAGEDY RECONSTRUCTED: Investigators say the deaths of five Italian tourists may be linked to a terrifying issue involving oxygen tanks — and experts are still shaken by the details…
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists during a deep cave dive in the Maldives is increasingly focusing on one terrifying possibility: something may have gone catastrophically wrong with the divers’ breathing systems deep underwater. Authorities in the Maldives have not yet released a final official cause of death. However, diving experts reviewing […]
HIS SISTER ORDERED HIM A BRIDE… BUT THE WOMAN KNEW WHY HIS FAMILY REALLY DIED
The envelope arrived on a Tuesday, which should have been Caleb’s first warning. Nothing good ever came on Tuesdays. He found it wedged between the fence post and the mailbox, his sister’s handwriting scrolled across the front — Margaret had that bossy optimism that made his jaw clench even in penmanship. Dearest Caleb, I know […]
HER STEPFATHER LEFT HER IN THE DUST… BUT THE STRANGER WAS THE MAN HE HAD BEEN RUNNING FROM
Ethan Walker had been riding the same stretch of wagon trail for eleven years, and in all that time he had never once stopped for anything he didn’t have to stop for. That was the rule he lived by now. Keep moving. Don’t look too long at anything that might make you feel something. […]
End of content
No more pages to load







