In a statement, the parents of the man slain in Minneapolis said that their son “wanted to make a difference.”

A memorial at the site where Alex Jeffrey Pretti, a nurse and Minneapolis resident, was killed by federal agents.Credit…Victor J. Blue for The New York Times
![]()
Talya Minsberg
The family of a man killed by federal agents in Minnesota on Saturday said they were heartbroken, but also “very angry.”
The man, Alex Jeffrey Pretti, was shot several times during a confrontation with immigration officers on a Minneapolis street near his home.
Mr. Pretti’s parents, Susan and Michael Pretti, in a statement reported by CNN and The Associated Press, called their son “a kindhearted soul who cared deeply for his family and friends and also the American veterans whom he cared for as an ICU nurse at the Minneapolis VA hospital.”
“Alex wanted to make a difference in this world,” the statement said. “Unfortunately he will not be with us to see his impact.”
Advertisement
Mr. Pretti’s family joined a chorus of criticism of the federal government over its response to the shooting. Federal officials, including the Homeland Security secretary, Kristi Noem, said Mr. Pretti confronted agents with the intent “to perpetuate violence.” Ms. Noem also accused him of “domestic terrorism.”
Videos show that Mr. Pretti was holding a phone, rather than his gun, and that an agent took the weapon from his body just before he was shot.
“The sickening lies told about our son by the administration are reprehensible and disgusting,” the Pretti family statement said. “Please get the truth out about our son. He was a good man.”
News
THE FINAL 3-MINUTE 911 CALL Of The 5 Divers Included A Chilling 5-Word Message That Could Change The Entire Investigation Forever
The mystery surrounding the deaths of the five Italian divers in the Maldives has taken an even darker turn after investigators reportedly uncovered details about a chilling emergency call made moments before the group vanished underwater forever. According to leaked information now spreading rapidly online, one of the divers allegedly managed to place a desperate […]
BEFORE THE 5 DIVERS DIED, One Of Them Made A 3-Minute 911 Call Repeating 5 Words That Could Expose A Horrific Murder Case
The mystery surrounding the deaths of the five Italian divers in the Maldives has taken an even darker turn after investigators reportedly uncovered details about a chilling emergency call made moments before the group vanished underwater forever. According to leaked information now spreading rapidly online, one of the divers allegedly managed to place a desperate […]
INVESTIGATORS FOUND A WATCH With Footage Showing The Final Moments Of The 5 Italian Divers Inside The Maldives Cave
The investigation into the catastrophic Maldives cave diving disaster has taken a shocking new turn after authorities reportedly recovered a wristwatch equipped with a miniature recording device — one that allegedly captured the final 33 minutes leading up to the deaths of the five Italian divers trapped deep inside the underwater cave system. The revelation […]
POLICE DISCOVER A RECORDING WATCH Capturing The Final 33 Minutes Before The 5 Italian Divers Died Inside The Maldives Cave
The investigation into the catastrophic Maldives cave diving disaster has taken a shocking new turn after authorities reportedly recovered a wristwatch equipped with a miniature recording device — one that allegedly captured the final 33 minutes leading up to the deaths of the five Italian divers trapped deep inside the underwater cave system. The revelation […]
SHOCKING TWIST: Autopsy Results Reveal Five Italians Who Died in a Maldives Underwater Cave Had Been Poisoned First
What began as a mysterious underwater tragedy in the Maldives has now escalated into an international criminal investigation after forensic experts confirmed a horrifying discovery: the five Italian victims found dead inside a submerged cave system had allegedly been poisoned before entering the water. The shocking revelation was announced late Friday night after medical examiners […]
BREAKING: Forensic Experts Confirm Five Italians Found Dead in a Maldives Underwater Cave Were POISONED Before Entering the Water
What began as a mysterious underwater tragedy in the Maldives has now escalated into an international criminal investigation after forensic experts confirmed a horrifying discovery: the five Italian victims found dead inside a submerged cave system had allegedly been poisoned before entering the water. The shocking revelation was announced late Friday night after medical examiners […]
End of content
No more pages to load












