The parents of Alex effrey Pretti who was shot dead by ICE agents on Saturday have broken their silence.
The 37- year-old, an American citizen and ICU nurse, was fatally shot by a federal agent. He was apparently armed, but possessed a valid licence. Homeland Security issued a statement alleging Petti “violently resisted” attempts to disarm him and was carrying a 9mm semi-automatic handgun and two magazines.
The Department of Homeland Security said Mr Pretti was armed, though details about the circumstances of the shooting remain unclear. Hours after the fatal shooting his parents have called on the media to “get the truth out about our son” as they accuse the Trump administration of promoting “sickening lies” about their son.

View 3 Images
Federal agents stand near the site of a shooting Saturday(Image: AP)
READ MORE: Man killed by federal agents was part of ICE alert group as neighbour speaks out
READ MORE: Thousands attend vigil for ICU nurse shot dead by ICE agents
Get More of Our News on Google
Set Daily Mirror as a ‘Preferred Source’ to get quicker access to the news you value.
Michael and Susan Pretti shared a statement through the Minnesota DFL on Saturday evening saying they are “heartbroken but also very angry,” and calling him a kindhearted soul who wanted to make a difference in the world through his work as a nurse.
“The sickening lies told about our son by the administration are reprehensible and disgusting. Alex is clearly not holding a gun when attacked by Trump’s murdering and cowardly ICE thugs. He has his phone in his right hand and his empty left hand is raised above his head while trying to protect the woman ICE just pushed down all while being pepper sprayed,” the family statement concluded: “Please get the truth out about our son. He was a good man.”

View 3 Images
Alex has been described as “a good man”(Image: AP)
Pretti worked as an Intensive Care Unit nurse at the Minneapolis VA Center, serving sick veterans and was distressed by President Donald Trump’s immigration enforcement in his city. He had taken part in demonstrations following the fatal shooting of Renee Good by a U.S. Immigration and Customs Law Enforcement officer earlier this month.
During a recent chat with their son, his parents, who reside in Wisconsin, urged him to exercise caution whilst demonstrating. “We had this discussion with him two weeks ago or so, you know, that go ahead and protest, but do not engage, do not do anything stupid, basically,” Michael Pretti said. “And he said he knows that. He knew that.”
News
The Corporate Playbook Unmasked: Why Million-Dollar Empires Always Brand Lost Experts as “Reckless Amateurs”
MALÉ, Maldives — The official narrative surrounding the deadliest diving disaster in Maldives history has completely disintegrated over the past 24 hours. What multi-million-dollar resort operators desperately tried to brand as “tourist negligence” has transformed into a high-stakes international manslaughter investigation. With the dramatic recovery of a second body from the notorious Alimathaa cave system […]
FORBIDDEN ALLIANCE: Tommy Norris And Cami Miller Secretly Team Up To Blackmail M-Tex Giants!
[SHOCKING LEAK] Landman Season 3 Kills Off A Major Norris Family Member Over Deadly Cartel Debt! Taylor Sheridan just dealt a devastating blow to fans. Inside sources reveal that an irreplaceable member of the Norris family will pay the ultimate price under Gallino’s gun to clear Tommy’s sins in the upcoming premiere! The dust in […]
THE BEST FRIEND’S ALIBI CRUMBLES: SLED Inside Sources Confirm Late-Night Interrogation In Tyler Doyle Case!
THE AMBUSH AT SEA: Best Friend Interrogated, Boat Sabotaged as SLED Unlocks the Tyler Doyle Investigation MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — The narrative of a tragic duck hunting accident that gripped South Carolina for over three years has completely collapsed. Following the shocking recovery of 22-year-old Tyler Doyle’s remains 13 kilometers away from the alleged capsize […]
JUST IN: “They Blamed My Dead Family To Save Their Millions”—Grieving Father Exposes Cruise Empire!
Top divers join perilous mission to recover Italian tourists’ remains from Maldives sea cave Divers prepare to search for the four missing Italian divers near Vaavu Atoll, Maldives, on May 15, 2026. Maldives President’s Media Division/AP International cave divers have arrived in the Maldives to step up the search for the remains of four Italians […]
T0XIC AIR LINES: Chilling Connection Found Between Fallen Military Diver And Lost Italian Team!
Top divers join perilous mission to recover Italian tourists’ remains from Maldives sea cave Divers prepare to search for the four missing Italian divers near Vaavu Atoll, Maldives, on May 15, 2026. Maldives President’s Media Division/AP International cave divers have arrived in the Maldives to step up the search for the remains of four Italians […]
THE TIME GAP MYSTERY: Hidden Deck Footage Captures Final Heated Argument Before 5 Divers V-nished!
A Maldivian military diver has died while searching for the bodies of four Italian divers Mohamed Mahudhee, a member of the Maldivian National Defense Force, died of underwater decompression sickness after being transferred to a hospital in the capital. Divers prepare to search for the four missing Italian divers near Alimathaa Island, Vaavu Atoll, Maldives, […]
End of content
No more pages to load










