Police tell PEOPLE they have arrested two 19 year olds in connection with Drew Perham’s death
Drew PerhamDrew Perham/Instagram
After more than 24 hours since their 24-year-old son failed to return home after a night out, a family in southern England said they received “the most horrendous news” on Sunday that he had likely been murdered.
Plymouth Live reported over the weekend that 24-year-old Drew Perham’s body was discovered by local authorities in the water near Millbay Marina, on the southern coast of England along the English Channel. The grim discovery came roughly one day after Perham’s family had reported him missing when he failed to come home after going out on Friday night, local Devon and Cornwall Police later said.
“We have unfortunately received the most horrendous news, our beautiful and wonderful Drew Perham has been cruelly been taken from us,” the victim’s family wrote on Facebook, according to Plymouth Live. “We appreciate all the support and messages, but right now we need the time to navigate this together.”
Drew PerhamDrew Perham/Instagram
The Devon and Cornwall Police directed PEOPLE to new information Monday morning that says two 19-year-old men have been arrested in connection with Perham’s death. Local police did not identity the two suspects but said one of the men is from Plymouth while the other is from Exmouth, roughly 50 miles northeast of where Perham’s body was discovered.
Drew PerhamDrew Perham/Instagram
Detective Superintendent James Dowler said in a statement that it has been an “unbelievably difficult time” for Perham’s family after receiving the news from investigators on Sunday.
Dowler pleaded that “anyone who has information which may assist the police investigation is asked to please get in touch and report it.”
“We are particularly interested in people who may have been in the Millbay area between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. during the early hours of Saturday January 24,” the detective added.
News
Familiar Spot: The four missing divers in the Maldives cave were found in a well-known location just 500 meters from shore, but the depth left everyone horrified
Spokesperson for Indian Ocean island nation says they will try to recover explorers in next couple of days Maldives marine police boats during a search operation in Vaavu Atoll on Saturday, Photograph: Sophia Nasif/EPA Rescuers have located the bodies of four Italian divers deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in the Maldives, four days […]
B0dies Recovered: The four remaining missing divers from the Maldives diving accident have been found, and all of them shared one chilling detail
Five divers died in the Thursday, May 14 accident, with the first body found hours later Giorgia Sommacal; Monica Montefalcone; Gianluca Benedetti.Credit : Giorgia Sommacal/Instagram; University of Genoa; Fotogramma/ROPI via ZUMA Press The bodies of four Italian tourists who went missing while scuba diving in the Maldives last week have been found. Five divers went missing […]
Day Five Horror: The Maldives cave search has taken a darker turn after reports that the 30-meter depth limit was ignored
Italian pulmonologist says 5 deaths on same dive suggests problem with tanks, not depth After five Italian divers died while exploring a deep underwater cave off the Maldives, families of the victims are demanding answers. Monica Montefalcone, 52, an associate ecology professor at the University of Genoa, and her daughter, Giorgia, 20, were among the […]
Depth Limit Ignored: Chilling new details have emerged in the Maldives cave tragedy as the search enters day five after the 30-meter safety limit was reportedly passed
Italian pulmonologist says 5 deaths on same dive suggests problem with tanks, not depth After five Italian divers died while exploring a deep underwater cave off the Maldives, families of the victims are demanding answers. Monica Montefalcone, 52, an associate ecology professor at the University of Genoa, and her daughter, Giorgia, 20, were among the […]
Fatal Mistake: The five tourists who vanished under the Maldives cave system reportedly d!ed because of one simple action common among travelers
An international dive safety group has sent experts to the Maldives to join the search for four missing Italians from a group of five who drowned while diving in a deep underwater cave (Mohamed Afrah) (Mohamed Afrah/AFP/AFP) An international dive safety group sent experts to the Maldives on Sunday to join a multinational recovery effort […]
D3ath Cause Revealed: The cause of d3ath for five tourists missing inside a Maldives cave has been traced to one action almost every traveler has done before
An international dive safety group has sent experts to the Maldives to join the search for four missing Italians from a group of five who drowned while diving in a deep underwater cave (Mohamed Afrah) (Mohamed Afrah/AFP/AFP) An international dive safety group sent experts to the Maldives on Sunday to join a multinational recovery effort […]
End of content
No more pages to load









