After the Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended the bash, photos of them on social media were deleted
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(740x244:742x246):format(webp)/prince-harry-meghan-markle-kris-jenner-kim-kardashian-birthday2-111125-f2a00c2d35b24b32bf353aebebfed03c.jpg)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle; Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner.Credit : BACKGRID; Kris Jenner/Instagram
Kim Kardashian is revealing why photos of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were removed from her and Kris Jenner’s social media posts celebrating Jenner’s 70th birthday party in November.
Speaking on her sister Khloe Kardashian’s podcast, Khloe in Wonder Land, Kim addressed what the siblings called “Photogate” for the first time.
“It was really innocent, which is so crazy,” Kim said. “Mom and Meghan have been friends for some years now, and they have a really sweet relationship.”
Kim continued that afterward, they were going through photos and deciding which ones to share on social media.
“We were told that it was totally cool to post,” Kim said. “And then after it was posted, I think they realized it was Remembrance Day, and they didn’t want to be seen at a party, even though it’s already up, you know, and then taken down. And then I think they realized, like, ‘Oh, this was so silly.’ ”
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(652x699:654x701):format(webp)/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-Kris-Jenner-Birthday-110925-3-108017a360f6430b81ebd56197ac5e43.jpg)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrive at Kris Jenner’s birthday party on Nov. 8, 2025.
The Hollywood JR / BACKGRID
She added that although they had been seen at the Baby2Baby charity gala the same night, “that was fine, but maybe not partying and dancing on the dance floor or whatever.”
“So we took them down to respect Remembrance Day,” Kim said.
The holiday, held annually in November, honors members of the armed forces who died in service. Members of the British royal family traditionally take part in a number of solemn events to honor their sacrifices. Jenner’s birthday bash was held on Saturday night before the royals gathered at The Cenotaph memorial in London for the annual service the following morning.
Kim continued, “You got to laugh at, like, the situation sometimes and just, like, lighten it up and be if everyone’s taking it the wrong way, like, lean in. I was like, ‘We should do a full Skims campaign.’ Take the photo — even just us, like, I’ll shoot you at mom, you know, post it and then delete it, like, 30 minutes later. And then I say, ‘Oh, sorry, I didn’t have permission to post those photos for the campaign.’ ”
“If we just made it light and made it funny, you know, I think it would have been, like, received differently, but I hated how that was received for everyone,” Kim said. “That sucks. It was just made into something that was so crazy and ridiculous that just didn’t have to be.”
PEOPLE has reached out to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for comment.
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle; Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner.
BACKGRID; Pascal Le Segretain/Getty
Following the James Bond-themed party at Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sánchez’s Beverly Hills mansion, both Jenner and Kim shared photos from the evening with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on Instagram. Jenner’s post included a snap of her posing with Meghan and Harry, while Kim posed for a snap with Meghan. However, the images were later deleted from both accounts.
A source close to Meghan and Harry told PEOPLE at the time that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex didn’t agree to have photos of them taken inside the party shared, and checked “no” on a photo consent form, leading to the images posted on Instagram to be removed.
However, a source close to the event refuted that claim, telling PEOPLE: “There were no consent forms.”
A source told PEOPLE at the time that Meghan and Harry “arrived hand-in-hand and looked very happy.”
“Meghan was glowing in a black wrap-style dress that showed off one leg. She looked very glamorous and fit the theme perfectly. Harry looked sharp in a tuxedo with a poppy for Remembrance Day,” the source adds, referring to the symbol used across the U.K. and the Commonwealth to honor armed forces members who have died in the line of duty for the Nov. 11 holiday.
News
Familiar Spot: The four missing divers in the Maldives cave were found in a well-known location just 500 meters from shore, but the depth left everyone horrified
Spokesperson for Indian Ocean island nation says they will try to recover explorers in next couple of days Maldives marine police boats during a search operation in Vaavu Atoll on Saturday, Photograph: Sophia Nasif/EPA Rescuers have located the bodies of four Italian divers deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in the Maldives, four days […]
B0dies Recovered: The four remaining missing divers from the Maldives diving accident have been found, and all of them shared one chilling detail
Five divers died in the Thursday, May 14 accident, with the first body found hours later Giorgia Sommacal; Monica Montefalcone; Gianluca Benedetti.Credit : Giorgia Sommacal/Instagram; University of Genoa; Fotogramma/ROPI via ZUMA Press The bodies of four Italian tourists who went missing while scuba diving in the Maldives last week have been found. Five divers went missing […]
Day Five Horror: The Maldives cave search has taken a darker turn after reports that the 30-meter depth limit was ignored
Italian pulmonologist says 5 deaths on same dive suggests problem with tanks, not depth After five Italian divers died while exploring a deep underwater cave off the Maldives, families of the victims are demanding answers. Monica Montefalcone, 52, an associate ecology professor at the University of Genoa, and her daughter, Giorgia, 20, were among the […]
Depth Limit Ignored: Chilling new details have emerged in the Maldives cave tragedy as the search enters day five after the 30-meter safety limit was reportedly passed
Italian pulmonologist says 5 deaths on same dive suggests problem with tanks, not depth After five Italian divers died while exploring a deep underwater cave off the Maldives, families of the victims are demanding answers. Monica Montefalcone, 52, an associate ecology professor at the University of Genoa, and her daughter, Giorgia, 20, were among the […]
Fatal Mistake: The five tourists who vanished under the Maldives cave system reportedly d!ed because of one simple action common among travelers
An international dive safety group has sent experts to the Maldives to join the search for four missing Italians from a group of five who drowned while diving in a deep underwater cave (Mohamed Afrah) (Mohamed Afrah/AFP/AFP) An international dive safety group sent experts to the Maldives on Sunday to join a multinational recovery effort […]
D3ath Cause Revealed: The cause of d3ath for five tourists missing inside a Maldives cave has been traced to one action almost every traveler has done before
An international dive safety group has sent experts to the Maldives to join the search for four missing Italians from a group of five who drowned while diving in a deep underwater cave (Mohamed Afrah) (Mohamed Afrah/AFP/AFP) An international dive safety group sent experts to the Maldives on Sunday to join a multinational recovery effort […]
End of content
No more pages to load









