Milan shockwave: All evidence regarding Marc Kennedy revealed, the aftermath is worse than expect
Olympic ethics officials have just completed a belated review in Milan. Initial conclusions from internal sources: What unfolds in the full video is far more horrific than what the edited clip reveals.
It was an unusually tense exchange at the Cortina Curling Olympic Stadium on Friday: Canadian curler Marc Kennedy cursed out Oskar Eriksson from the Swedish team, telling him, “You can f*** off.”

The hot mic moment, streamed live to shocked curling fans, came after the 9th end, as the Canada vs. Sweden match, which Canada won 8-6, drew toward a close.
The fallout challenges “the spirit of curling” and raises questions about the future of the sport.
Kennedy was angry because the Swedish team accused him repeatedly of cheating by touching a stone beyond the so-called “hog line.”
Sponsor Message
Sweden’s Sara Hector, right, and Norway’s Thea Louise Stjernesund bow to Italy’s Federica Brignone, center, at the finish area of an alpine ski, women’s giant slalom race, at the 2026 Winter Olympics, in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy, after Brignone captured another gold medal.
2026 Milan Cortina Olympics
Italy’s athletes shine at the Milan Cortina Olympics
In curling, players slide heavy granite rocks down sheets of ice. They must release the rock before a line drawn in the ice, the “hog line,” or the stone is disqualified and taken out of play.
According to the Swedish team, Kennedy had been double-touching the stone — releasing the stone’s handle, which contains electronic sensors, but then “poking the rock itself” and keeping a finger on it as it cruised over the line, Swedish curler Niklas Edin said after the match. “That’s not allowed. It’s pretty clearly stated,” he said.
Sweden’s Niklas Edin yells during the men’s curling round robin session against Canada, at the 2026 Winter Olympics, in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy, Friday, Feb. 13, 2026.
Sweden’s Niklas Edin yells during the men’s curling round robin session against Canada, at the 2026 Winter Olympics, in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy, Friday, Feb. 13, 2026.
Misper Apawu/AP
Edin accused Kennedy of doing the move on purpose. “You don’t touch 20kg of granite with your fingertips without feeling it, it’s completely impossible,” Edin said, “We, in the sport, know how very few grams of pressure can change the speed when it already has a movement forward. You can move some degree of the angle (too).”
Curling officials, who are stationed at either end of the sheet, say they didn’t see the violations so they couldn’t call it.
And Kennedy, from Canada, denied it. “I’ve curled my whole life, never once with the intention of getting an advantage through cheating,” he said after the match, “So when (my integrity) gets attacked, I get my back up and get a little bit aggressive.” Still, “I could have handled it better. No question,” Kennedy acknowledged, while refusing to apologize to Eriksson.
Sponsor Message
The rules were even more clearly stated after World Curling, the sport’s official governing body, weighed in Saturday. “During forward motion, touching the granite of the stone is not allowed. This will result in the stone being removed from play,” they said in a statement.
Three female skiers wearing winter gear hold trophies.
2026 Milan Cortina Olympics
One Olympic sport doesn’t allow women. These Games could determine its future
Despite video circulating on the internet, allegedly showing Kennedy’s violations during the match, World Curling said they will not use video replays to re-litigate calls made by umpires during games. They pledged instead to assign officials to observe deliveries going forward.
They also issued a “verbal warning” to Canadian curling officials over Kennedy’s language during the game.
Curling rocked
The scandal has rocked the curling world, a wholesome, tight-knit community that prides itself on the “Spirit of Curling.” It’s a code of ethics that emphasizes good sportsmanship and respect for your opponents. Curlers are expected to celebrate good shots from all players, to refrain from distracting their opponents, to never break the rules on purpose and to own up to it immediately if they commit a foul.
“Curling should be a gentlemen’s sport,” said Swedish curler Oskar Eriksson, the target of Kennedy’s invective, “But perhaps it’s come to a stage of professionalism where we drift away from that as some people think it’s too important to win.”
That’s one topic in which Eriksson and Kennedy found common ground. “This whole trying to catch people in the act of an infraction and (doing) anything to win a medal, it sucks,” Kennedy said February 16, “The whole spirit of curling is dead.”
Some in the curling community consider the Swedes to be instigators too, by skirting protocol and directly accusing a player, instead of having the team’s two skips, or team captains, work it out.
Consequences
World Curling’s new policy of systematically observing players’ throws lasted for a day.
Sponsor Message
In a Saturday afternoon women’s match, between Canada and Switzerland, skip Rachel Homan’s first rock was pulled by officials for the same “double touch” violation.
She wasn’t the only one to have a rock pulled — Bobby Lammie, on Great Britain’s men’s team, had one disqualified in a match against Germany on Sunday morning — but she still felt persecuted. “I don’t understand the call. I’ll never understand it. … It has nothing to do with us,” she said after the match, according to CBC.
By Sunday evening, the policy was pulled back. After meeting with curling officials from different countries, World Curling said umpires would remain available to observe throws, but would only do so “at the request of the competing teams.”
It may have been disruptive to curlers to change the rules in the midst of the Olympics. Curlers anticipate debates and rule changes to come, such as whether video replays should be used to assist rulings, and what penalties curlers who break the rules incur.
News
BREAKING NEWS: The family of a victim in the Maldives tragedy has revealed why they watched the final footage so many times
The international investigation into the Maldives diving disaster has entered a highly technical phase as forensic teams and legal representatives analyze the final visual records captured topside. The catastrophic incident, which resulted in the loss of five Italian nationals—including the renowned University of Genoa marine ecologist Professor Monica Montefalcone and her twenty-three-year-old daughter Giorgia Sommacal—stands […]
The victims’ families unexpectedly uncovered an anomaly: the diving equipment was visible at the edge of the frame just before the group went underwater
The international investigation into the Maldives diving disaster has entered a highly technical phase as forensic teams and legal representatives analyze the final visual records captured topside. The catastrophic incident, which resulted in the loss of five Italian nationals—including the renowned University of Genoa marine ecologist Professor Monica Montefalcone and her twenty-three-year-old daughter Giorgia Sommacal—stands […]
The Hidden Side Behind the Breathtaking Maldives Rescue: The final 300 meters deep into the cave are unlike anything we knew
The diving instructor of the Italians who died in sea caves in the Maldives was discovered in a separate location to the four others who perished, it was revealed on Monday. Tragedy struck on Thursday, after five – including a mother and daughter – died while attempting to explore caves at a depth of around 165ft, […]
Latest reports indicate that the elite rescue team has found a diver who was separated from his group in the cave accident in the Maldives
The diving instructor of the Italians who died in sea caves in the Maldives was discovered in a separate location to the four others who perished, it was revealed on Monday. Tragedy struck on Thursday, after five – including a mother and daughter – died while attempting to explore caves at a depth of around 165ft, […]
ANNOYANCE IN THE MALAYSIAN CAVE: RE-INVESTIGATION OF THE FINAL 300 METERS OF THE DIVERS’ JOURNEY
The diving instructor of the Italians who died in sea caves in the Maldives was discovered in a separate location to the four others who perished, it was revealed on Monday. Tragedy struck on Thursday, after five – including a mother and daughter – died while attempting to explore caves at a depth of around 165ft, […]
THE CODE FROM THE WATCH: A Valuable Detail in the Disappearance of Giorgia Sommacal
The case of 5 tourists missing in Maldives: The watch of the 20-year-old victim reveals a fateful time In the latest development concerning the five tourists who went missing after a diving trip in the Maldives, the family of victim Giorgia Sommacal (20 years old) has provided crucial information. According to them, her wristwatch stopped […]
End of content
No more pages to load









