Nedas Revuckas denied pre-trial release at hearing earlier in day; Funeral held for Eliza Morales
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. (WLS) — The man charged with murdering a pregnant woman in Downers Grove was critically injured from self-inflicted wounds in custody after he appeared in court Thursday morning, officials said.
The DuPage County Sheriff’s Office said Nedas Revuckas was being treated in critical condition, and the incident happened just before 5 p.m. Thursday.
He is accused of murdering Eliza Morales at her home earlier this week.
Officials say the suspect’s injuries appear to be self-inflicted.
Wednesday’s hearing was postponed due to amount of evidence attorneys had to go through.
Nedas Revuckas, 19, showed no emotion during court as a judge ordered him to stay in jail Thursday morning.
During the hearing, the judge stated the suspect “poses a real threat” to the community.

DuPage County State’s Attorney Bob Berlin speaks after a man charged with killing a pregnant woman in Downers Grove appeared in court Thursday.
Thursday morning, a video was in played in court showing the family’s Downers Grove apartment in flames.
Revuckas is accused of killing Eliza Morales and her unborn baby and then setting her apartment on fire.
Court records said Morales was stabbed 70 times.
Prosecutors said the suspect confessed to the attack, saying it stemmed from a vehicle the suspect intended to buy from Morales’ husband on Facebook Marketplace.
According to detectives, the suspect stated he was upset about the condition of the pickup truck and allegedly took out his frustrations on Morales.
Prosecutors said Morales told him she was pregnant during the attack.
Neither Morales’ husband nor her other daughter were home at the time of the attack.
DuPage County State’s Attorney Bob Berlin gave an update on the investigation Thursday.
“There are a number of pieces of evidence, including the sexual assault kit that will be and have been already been sent to our crime lab,” Berlin said. “If they lead to additional charges that can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt, we will certainly file those charges.”
“As a police chief, this is the worst call you can get. And immediately, once we started determining the circumstances that were involved, we knew that our top priority was to solve this case,” Downers Grove Police Chief Michael DeVries said. “I’m thankful that we have an outcome for Eliza, her family and her unborn child, and I’m hopeful that this provides a sense of peace for the family as they deal with this tragic situation.”
Revuckas is accused of stabbing the family’s dog, too.
“It’s unconscionable, an unconscionable level of violence,” Berlin said.
Revuckas works as a painter and does not have a previous criminal history, his public defender said.
Police are still looking for the murder weapon, as they sift through evidence.
Family members of the suspect were at Thursday’s hearing, but did not want to speak to media.
The suspect will be back in court on Feb. 18.
Funeral held Thursday

A funeral was held Thursday for a woman allegedly stabbed to death in Downers Grove.
An emotional service was held Thursday, as Morales was laid to rest.
Family and friends of Morales chose to mourn in private as they said goodbye.
People gathered at American Muslim Cemetery in south suburban Lynwood for an afternoon funeral service.
Morales was five months pregnant, due to give birth to her second daughter in March.
Relatives say Morales worked in the payroll department at Lurie Children’s Hospital, and hoped to have more children with her husband, who was her high school sweetheart.
There are plans to have a memorial service on Sunday to once again remember her and her unborn child.
A GoFundMe page has been setup to support the victim’s family.
News
Familiar Spot: The four missing divers in the Maldives cave were found in a well-known location just 500 meters from shore, but the depth left everyone horrified
Spokesperson for Indian Ocean island nation says they will try to recover explorers in next couple of days Maldives marine police boats during a search operation in Vaavu Atoll on Saturday, Photograph: Sophia Nasif/EPA Rescuers have located the bodies of four Italian divers deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in the Maldives, four days […]
B0dies Recovered: The four remaining missing divers from the Maldives diving accident have been found, and all of them shared one chilling detail
Five divers died in the Thursday, May 14 accident, with the first body found hours later Giorgia Sommacal; Monica Montefalcone; Gianluca Benedetti.Credit : Giorgia Sommacal/Instagram; University of Genoa; Fotogramma/ROPI via ZUMA Press The bodies of four Italian tourists who went missing while scuba diving in the Maldives last week have been found. Five divers went missing […]
Day Five Horror: The Maldives cave search has taken a darker turn after reports that the 30-meter depth limit was ignored
Italian pulmonologist says 5 deaths on same dive suggests problem with tanks, not depth After five Italian divers died while exploring a deep underwater cave off the Maldives, families of the victims are demanding answers. Monica Montefalcone, 52, an associate ecology professor at the University of Genoa, and her daughter, Giorgia, 20, were among the […]
Depth Limit Ignored: Chilling new details have emerged in the Maldives cave tragedy as the search enters day five after the 30-meter safety limit was reportedly passed
Italian pulmonologist says 5 deaths on same dive suggests problem with tanks, not depth After five Italian divers died while exploring a deep underwater cave off the Maldives, families of the victims are demanding answers. Monica Montefalcone, 52, an associate ecology professor at the University of Genoa, and her daughter, Giorgia, 20, were among the […]
Fatal Mistake: The five tourists who vanished under the Maldives cave system reportedly d!ed because of one simple action common among travelers
An international dive safety group has sent experts to the Maldives to join the search for four missing Italians from a group of five who drowned while diving in a deep underwater cave (Mohamed Afrah) (Mohamed Afrah/AFP/AFP) An international dive safety group sent experts to the Maldives on Sunday to join a multinational recovery effort […]
D3ath Cause Revealed: The cause of d3ath for five tourists missing inside a Maldives cave has been traced to one action almost every traveler has done before
An international dive safety group has sent experts to the Maldives to join the search for four missing Italians from a group of five who drowned while diving in a deep underwater cave (Mohamed Afrah) (Mohamed Afrah/AFP/AFP) An international dive safety group sent experts to the Maldives on Sunday to join a multinational recovery effort […]
End of content
No more pages to load









