Warnings for strong winds were in place at the time of the tragedy and a number of swims in the South West had already been cancelled.
The body of a man who disappeared during a Christmas Day swim in Devon is believed to have been found.
It is thought to be Matthew Upham, one of two men who went missing at Budleigh Salterton last month.
Pirates Approach a Cruise Ship – See How the Genius Captain Responds!Happy in Shape
Formal identification hasn’t yet taken place, but Devon and Cornwall Police said the family of a 64-year-old man from the town had been informed.

The body found on Sunday is believed to belong to Matthew Upham. Pic: Facebook
The force said officers had been called to Exmouth Beach at 3pm on Sunday after reports of a body near the shore.
The body of a 47-year-old who went missing from Budleigh Salterton at the same time as Mr Upham is believed to have been found on Wednesday.
Mr Upham, an antiques dealer, was reported to be an experienced sea swimmer.
Singer Kate Bush was among those who paid tribute, calling him one of her “very dearest friends” and an “extraordinarily kind” man who “lived life to the full”.

In a statement, his family said they were “heartbroken” and that he was “deeply loved and will be forever missed”.
They also expressed “sincere and heartfelt thanks to the emergency services who responded, particularly the RNLI and coastguard, for their dedication, professionalism, and tireless efforts”.

The RNLI said sea conditions off the Devon beach were ‘punishing’. Pic: UKNIP
RNLI crews had described sea conditions on the day as “punishing” and some swimmers who turned up on Christmas morning abandoned the event.
Others went in and a number of people needed rescuing.
Warnings for strong winds were in place at the time and a number of swims in the South West had already been cancelled.
News
Familiar Spot: The four missing divers in the Maldives cave were found in a well-known location just 500 meters from shore, but the depth left everyone horrified
Spokesperson for Indian Ocean island nation says they will try to recover explorers in next couple of days Maldives marine police boats during a search operation in Vaavu Atoll on Saturday, Photograph: Sophia Nasif/EPA Rescuers have located the bodies of four Italian divers deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in the Maldives, four days […]
B0dies Recovered: The four remaining missing divers from the Maldives diving accident have been found, and all of them shared one chilling detail
Five divers died in the Thursday, May 14 accident, with the first body found hours later Giorgia Sommacal; Monica Montefalcone; Gianluca Benedetti.Credit : Giorgia Sommacal/Instagram; University of Genoa; Fotogramma/ROPI via ZUMA Press The bodies of four Italian tourists who went missing while scuba diving in the Maldives last week have been found. Five divers went missing […]
Day Five Horror: The Maldives cave search has taken a darker turn after reports that the 30-meter depth limit was ignored
Italian pulmonologist says 5 deaths on same dive suggests problem with tanks, not depth After five Italian divers died while exploring a deep underwater cave off the Maldives, families of the victims are demanding answers. Monica Montefalcone, 52, an associate ecology professor at the University of Genoa, and her daughter, Giorgia, 20, were among the […]
Depth Limit Ignored: Chilling new details have emerged in the Maldives cave tragedy as the search enters day five after the 30-meter safety limit was reportedly passed
Italian pulmonologist says 5 deaths on same dive suggests problem with tanks, not depth After five Italian divers died while exploring a deep underwater cave off the Maldives, families of the victims are demanding answers. Monica Montefalcone, 52, an associate ecology professor at the University of Genoa, and her daughter, Giorgia, 20, were among the […]
Fatal Mistake: The five tourists who vanished under the Maldives cave system reportedly d!ed because of one simple action common among travelers
An international dive safety group has sent experts to the Maldives to join the search for four missing Italians from a group of five who drowned while diving in a deep underwater cave (Mohamed Afrah) (Mohamed Afrah/AFP/AFP) An international dive safety group sent experts to the Maldives on Sunday to join a multinational recovery effort […]
D3ath Cause Revealed: The cause of d3ath for five tourists missing inside a Maldives cave has been traced to one action almost every traveler has done before
An international dive safety group has sent experts to the Maldives to join the search for four missing Italians from a group of five who drowned while diving in a deep underwater cave (Mohamed Afrah) (Mohamed Afrah/AFP/AFP) An international dive safety group sent experts to the Maldives on Sunday to join a multinational recovery effort […]
End of content
No more pages to load








