‘This farm is my life. The girls are my life.’
A Victorian farmer who went viral for using his Bonds underwear as a mask to protect himself from smoke inhalation has issued a raw and emotional plea for help as bushfires continue to rip through the state.
Greg Conlan, whose farming property at Molesworth has been largely destroyed by the Longwood blaze, shared confronting footage of the moment he tried desperately to save his cattle as flames closed in.
“Stay there, girls. Stay there. It’s all right,” Conlan can be heard soothing his cattle in the video as the fire bears down on the herd
On Sunrise on Tuesday, Conlan explained his cattle were panicking and running away from the fire, but were heading straight toward metal stockyards that he said could have killed at least half of them.
“I was just doing anything I could. And look, I speak to them every day. This farm is my life. The girls are my life,” he said, fighting back tears.
“It’s my happy place”.
Greg Conlan shared confronting footage of the moment he tried desperately to save his cattle as a bushfire closed in. Credit: Sunrise
Conlan said around 80 per cent of his property has been destroyed. Despite the scale of the damage, he said he considers himself one of the luckier ones, having not lost any of his cattle.
With an estimate of more than 15,000 livestock killed in the fires, Conlan said he is thankful to still have enough feed for his cattle over the coming days.
“I actually feel like I’ve fared OK. I’ve lost 80 per cent of my pastures … we’ve lost so much here, but there’s so many people that have lost so much more, and they’ve got no feed for their livestock today and tomorrow and so on,” he said.
The relentless battle against the fires has taken a heavy toll. Conlan said he has only slept for about six hours over the span of four days while trying to protect his land and animals, and has since developed breathing problems due to prolonged exposure to smoke.
With no protective equipment on hand, he was forced to improvise, leading to the now iconic image of him using his Bonds underwear as protection.
“I resorted to using my Bonds underwear as a makeshift face mask,” he laughed.
Greg Conlan uses Bonds underwear to protect himself from smoke. Credit: GoFundMe
As communities grapple with the aftermath, Conlan has launched a GoFundMe page to support fellow farmers impacted by the fires.
“A lot of farmers have lost everything. A lot of farmers have lost all their pastures, all their haystacks. That hay is so important to get us through this time of the year, because it’s just so dry, there’s no nutrition in the feed on the ground,” he explained.
Conlan urged people to donate or provide essential supplies if they can.
The response has been overwhelming, with $55,181 so far raised of a $60k goal.
News
Eight words from the last message sent to his family by the diver who died in the Maldives accident, just minutes before he lay at the bottom of the sea 60 meters below the surface…
The final message was brief, ordinary, and painfully human. Eight words, reportedly sent to family only minutes before one of five Italian divers disappeared beneath the waters of the Maldives, have now become one of the most haunting details in a tragedy that has shaken the international diving community. The divers were part of a […]
SHE PRETENDED TO BE BROKE… AND HIS FAMILY SHOWED THEIR REAL FACE BEFORE DESSERT Maya won $97 million on a rainy Thursday.
By the time I came home, I had already begun building a wall around our lives. Then I walked into our kitchen and told my husband I had been fired. The next morning, Daniel left for work before sunrise. He kissed my forehead and whispered, “Sleep in. Today you don’t have to be strong.” I […]
THE “6TH DIVER” SPEAKS OUT: The only member who canceled the fatal Maldives dive says she received an anonymous 10-word warning just before the group entered the water… 👇👇
A woman identified by sources as part of the broader diving group connected to the deadly Maldives cave-diving tragedy has reportedly spoken for the first time about the decision that caused her to cancel the fatal descent only hours before the expedition began. Authorities have not publicly confirmed the existence of any anonymous warning letter, […]
JUST NOW: Leaked dive logs from the Italian tourist group who died in the Maldives reportedly contain footage from a hidden camera — capturing a terrifying moment nearly 60 meters underwater… 👇👇
Investigators examining the deaths of five Italian divers in the Maldives are reportedly focusing on data recovered from diving equipment and underwater recording devices as they attempt to reconstruct what happened deep inside the cave system where the group vanished. Authorities have not publicly confirmed the existence of any “hidden camera footage,” nor have officials […]
THE MALDIVES DIVING TRAGEDY RECONSTRUCTED: Investigators say the deaths of five Italian tourists may be linked to a terrifying issue involving oxygen tanks — and experts are still shaken by the details…
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists during a deep cave dive in the Maldives is increasingly focusing on one terrifying possibility: something may have gone catastrophically wrong with the divers’ breathing systems deep underwater. Authorities in the Maldives have not yet released a final official cause of death. However, diving experts reviewing […]
HIS SISTER ORDERED HIM A BRIDE… BUT THE WOMAN KNEW WHY HIS FAMILY REALLY DIED
The envelope arrived on a Tuesday, which should have been Caleb’s first warning. Nothing good ever came on Tuesdays. He found it wedged between the fence post and the mailbox, his sister’s handwriting scrolled across the front — Margaret had that bossy optimism that made his jaw clench even in penmanship. Dearest Caleb, I know […]
End of content
No more pages to load






