The 50-year-old, who was arrested on a DUI charge Friday after crashing his car near his home, won’t be in the field at Augusta National, according to chairman Fred Ridley.
“Augusta National Golf Club and the Masters tournament full support Tiger Woods as he focuses on his well-being,” Ridley said in a statement. “Although Tiger will not be joining us in person next week, his presence will be felt here in Augusta.”
Woods revealed Tuesday evening that he would be seeking treatment after pleading not guilty in Martin County, Florida court.

Tiger Woods’ mugshot after his DUI arrest on March 27, 2026.Martin County Sheriff’s Office
“I know and understand the seriousness of the situation I find myself in today,” he wrote in a statement shared on social media Tuesday, hours after he pleaded not guilty to DUI charges. “I am stepping away for a period of time to seek treatment and focus on my health. This is necessary in order for me to prioritize my well-being and work toward lasting recovery.
“I’m committed to taking the time needed to return in a healthier, stronger, and more focused place, both personally and professionally. I appreciate your understanding and support, and ask for privacy for my family, loved ones and myself at this time.”
The 15-time major champion and five-time green jacket winner had left the door open to competing next week, but his status was made even murkier after he rolled his Land Rover over after clipping the back of a truck in Jupiter Island, Fla. around 2 p.m. Woods crawled out of his SUV unscathed.
Martin County Sheriff John Budensiek said Friday that while Woods “blew triple zeros” on a breathalyzer test, he allegedly was under the influence of “some type of medication or drug” and “did exemplify the signs of impairment.”
Woods refused to take a urine test.
He was released on bail Friday night after spending at least eight hours in jail, as required by Florida law in intoxication cases.
The crash came three days after Woods played in the finals of his TGL indoor league’s playoffs, his first golf action since the 2024 British Open.

Tiger Woods stands near his rolled over Land Rover before getting arrested for DUI in Jupiter Island, Fla. on March 27, 2026.AP
It also came roughly nine years after his first DUI arrest, also near his home, after which he admitted to taking a bad mix of painkillers. He pled guilty to reckless driving.
Just over five years ago, Woods shattered his leg during a single-car crash in California and underwent surgery.
Woods, who was expected to become the U.S. Ryder Cup captain for 2027, has had seven back surgeries, the most recent one a disc replacement in the fall while he was recovering from a torn Achilles that forced him out of last year’s majors.

Tiger Woods is driven from the Martin County jail after posting bail on March 27, 2026.Christopher Oquendo for NY Post
He was previously coy regarding his status for The Masters, saying “no” at the Genesis Invitational in February when asked if playing at Augusta was “off the table.”
Woods went a decade without a major before capturing his 15th title at Augusta in 2019, his fifth green jacket.
His win at age 43 made him the second-oldest Masters winner behind Jack Nicklaus, who was 46 when he won his sixth Masters in 1986.

Tiger Woods hits a shot during the 2024 Masters. He missed last year’s tournament due to a torn Achilles.
Woods’ performance in recent years has tailed off due to his age and long injury history, which includes a handful of back surgeries and a shattered right leg from his 2021 car crash.
He managed to play all four majors in 2024 but only made the cut at The Masters, where he finished 60th.
Woods’ 82 PGA Tour wins are tied with Sam Snead for the most all-time.
News
SCREEN GOES BLACK 8 SECONDS BEFORE: ANNOYING DETECTION IN ITALIAN DIVERS’ GOPRO IN MALDIVES
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
Police are analyzing 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the Duke of York cruise ship to determine the cause
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
BREAKING NEWS: While 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the superyacht Duke of York is being reviewed, what chills investigators the most is a strange 11-second gap — right before the alarm sounded
BREAKING NEWS: While 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the superyacht Duke of York is being reviewed, what chills investigators the most is a strange 11-second gap — right before the alarm sounded Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent […]
Maldives Tragedy: Chilling Revelations from a GoPro at a Depth of 60 Meters
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists at a depth of 200 feet off the coast of the Maldives has gained new insight from a diver’s body-worn GoPro camera. The camera abruptly stopped recording when only eight seconds of footage remained
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists at a depth of 200 feet off the coast of the Maldives has gained new insight from a diver’s body-worn GoPro camera. The camera abruptly stopped recording when only eight seconds of footage remained Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by […]
In connection with the deaths of five Italian divers in a cave in the Maldives, investigators are now focusing on analyzing a crucial video clip
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
End of content
No more pages to load












