Family Tragedy in Maui: Son Testifies Against Doctor Father
The case of a prominent doctor in Maui accused of intentionally murdering his wife during a birthday hike is causing a public outcry. Most notably, the son’s testimony about the moment his father confessed to the crime is particularly shocking
The son of a Hawaii doctor accused of bashing his wife’s head with a rock during a birthday hike testified in his father’s attempted murder trial Tuesday that his dad told him he planned to take his own life after he tried to kill Arielle Konig.
Emile Konig, 19, said Gerhardt Konig made the disclosure during a FaceTime call on March 24, 2025, the day authorities say he attacked his wife on the Pali Puka Trail, northeast of Honolulu.
During the call, Emile Konig told jurors, Gerhardt Konig said that his wife was cheating on him and that he tried to kill her.
Emile Konig recalled his father’s telling him that “he would not be making it back to Maui and to take good care of the younger kids.” Emile Konig added that his father said he planned to jump from a cliff, and he said he told his father not to.
The son testified for less than an hour. He did not look at his father as he entered the courtroom in Oahu.
Prosecutors have alleged that Gerhardt Konig pushed Arielle Konig toward a cliff while the couple were on a hike for her birthday. Deputy prosecuting attorney Joel Garner said Gerhardt Konig, an anesthesiologist, came at her with a syringe and hit her in the head with a rock.
Konig, 47, has pleaded not guilty to second-degree attempted murder. His attorney has said his client acted in self-defense, striking his wife with a rock after she began fighting with him.
During the FaceTime call, Emile Konig said, his father never mentioned having to defend himself.
In testimony last week, Arielle Konig said the alleged assault happened after her husband asked her to pose for a cliffside selfie. She said she felt uneasy about the location and asked him to move so she could get by safely.
Emile Konig recalled his father’s telling him that “he would not be making it back to Maui and to take good care of the younger kids.” Emile Konig added that his father said he planned to jump from a cliff, and he said he told his father not to.
The son testified for less than an hour. He did not look at his father as he entered the courtroom in Oahu.
Prosecutors have alleged that Gerhardt Konig pushed Arielle Konig toward a cliff while the couple were on a hike for her birthday. Deputy prosecuting attorney Joel Garner said Gerhardt Konig, an anesthesiologist, came at her with a syringe and hit her in the head with a rock.
Konig, 47, has pleaded not guilty to second-degree attempted murder. His attorney has said his client acted in self-defense, striking his wife with a rock after she began fighting with him.
During the FaceTime call, Emile Konig said, his father never mentioned having to defend himself.
In testimony last week, Arielle Konig said the alleged assault happened after her husband asked her to pose for a cliffside selfie. She said she felt uneasy about the location and asked him to move so she could get by safely.
He grabbed her and pushed her toward the cliff, she testified, and she threw herself to the ground to try and grab hold of trees and shrubs. He climbed on top of her, she said, and had a syringe in his hand.
“Nobody’s coming to save you,” Arielle Konig recalled him saying.
After she batted away the syringe, Gerhardt Konig picked up a rock and began striking her in the head, she testified. She screamed, she told jurors, and escaped after she heard another hiker say she was calling 911.
Body camera video played during the trial showed the hikers helping Arielle Konig, who had a bloody face and a bandage wrapped around her head.
In the months before the attack, she testified, her husband discovered an “emotional affair” she’d been having with a co-worker. They’d gone to counseling, she said, and appeared to be repairing the damage she’d caused to their relationship.
News
SCREEN GOES BLACK 8 SECONDS BEFORE: ANNOYING DETECTION IN ITALIAN DIVERS’ GOPRO IN MALDIVES
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
Police are analyzing 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the Duke of York cruise ship to determine the cause
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
BREAKING NEWS: While 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the superyacht Duke of York is being reviewed, what chills investigators the most is a strange 11-second gap — right before the alarm sounded
BREAKING NEWS: While 47 minutes of CCTV footage from the superyacht Duke of York is being reviewed, what chills investigators the most is a strange 11-second gap — right before the alarm sounded Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent […]
Maldives Tragedy: Chilling Revelations from a GoPro at a Depth of 60 Meters
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists at a depth of 200 feet off the coast of the Maldives has gained new insight from a diver’s body-worn GoPro camera. The camera abruptly stopped recording when only eight seconds of footage remained
The investigation into the deaths of five Italian tourists at a depth of 200 feet off the coast of the Maldives has gained new insight from a diver’s body-worn GoPro camera. The camera abruptly stopped recording when only eight seconds of footage remained Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by […]
In connection with the deaths of five Italian divers in a cave in the Maldives, investigators are now focusing on analyzing a crucial video clip
Witnesses at the under-12s game say the alleged remark was followed by a tense exchange near the court fence, with one parent claiming several people immediately reached for their phones… But one detail is now raising even more questions. The Sydney netball incident at Heffron Park continues to captivate public attention with emerging witness testimonies […]
End of content
No more pages to load












